Page 1 of 2
So i checked the lineup and seen that Pendulum are gonna be playing [at Download] on the Saturday. Don't get me wrong, i love them, but i don't really think download is the place for them. They're also at T in the Park and Reading too. Are they gonna get bottled... or accepted?
Quote by RyanGillam
They should just be bottled wherever they go. Pure ****.

*Yawn*

They'll be accepted, for sure. They're a very popular band with a lot of crossover appeal to rock/metal fans.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Everyone I know who's going to Reading loves Pendulum. It's because a lot of people have fairly broad musical tastes. Because Download is often considered more of a metal festival, I guess they'll be less welcome there. Still, Lostprophets might get bottled off as well...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i thought they would be accepted by most. I would love to go and see them there, it would be a change from the usual. Their new album is great. Not sure how they would perform live though, with all the computer shiz...
Quote by break-me-in
Everyone I know who's going to Reading loves Pendulum. It's because a lot of people have fairly broad musical tastes. Because Download is often considered more of a metal festival, I guess they'll be less welcome there. Still, Lostprophets might get bottled off as well...

I hate when people throw bottles at bands, especially when the band is good. Lostprophets always get alot of ****, but the guitarist is pretty good.
I'm going to Reading, and Pendulum is one of the most anticipated between my friends and I. And I dont like drum and bass at all (cue overdone argument of whether Penduluma re drum and bass anymore or not).
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
YouTube a Pendulum gig.
Its a full band that plays, one of the highlights for me, shame about the new album though.
Yeah, they will be accepted. I can imagine it being a good gig. Prodigy played Download a year or 2 ago..

Their 2nd album is a bit of a dissapointment though..
They'll get accepted as most of their new stuff isn't that drum and bass. And a lot of people who listen to metal seem to like Pendulum. It's weird.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Urgh...Pendulum are really really crappy...they're to drum and bass what Slipknot is to metal or Green Day is to punk.
They'll get accepted. There's a hell of alot of emo and indie kids out there who like to think they've got a broad taste in music because they listen to drum 'n' bass lite.

I'm going Reading, will probably see them if there's nothing better on. Dance stage is a bit **** aswell.
Let's not forget that a lot of metal heads are very narrow-minded.
Sure, it's a generalisation, but it's based on truth.
Quote by Regression
I hate when people throw bottles at bands, especially when the band is good. Lostprophets always get alot of ****, but the guitarist is pretty good.

I personally really like Lostprophets, but Download is going to be full of elitists who hate them. And yeah, it's pretty unfair to bottle a band when they're there to play music. It's not like you're being forced to listen to them.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
They should be bottled for being really boring...

>.>
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
They're on between Ace Frehley and Ash. It's hardly going to be teh brutals crowd.
They are going to get bottled no matter where they go
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
They're scheduled on Pukkelpop (Belgium) as well. I was already intending to go there and it's a nice extra, but nothing compared to DJ Hype and DJ Friction who'll be playing there as well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
It should be good and appeal to metal/rock fans. I just know all the stuck-up metal elitists will bottle them off saying stuff like "Your playing shitty chav music!" etc.
when The Pridigy played download in 06 they were one of the best recieved bands all week, the atmosphere was amazing, with everyone climbing the huge tent support beams

if anyone else was there i'm sure you would agree
pink floyd are better than you
I doubt Pendulum will get bottled. Almost everyone know absolutely adores them, and the small minority who don't, don't like music altogether. It's just me, all alone, with no one here beside me...
Quote by smb
They're on between Ace Frehley and Ash. It's hardly going to be teh brutals crowd.

Plain White Ts, on the other hand, are playing Reading & Leeds on the same day and stage as Metallica, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, and Avenged Sevenfold.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by mikko_9119

I focking love Slam. i hope they don't get bottled, but knowing the generic metalhead they will. God I ****ing hate metalheads.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
I doubt they will get bottled tbh. Their new album is utter crap though. Probably the worst follow-up album I've ever heard.
Quote by Sirnogbert
I focking love Slam. i hope they don't get bottled, but knowing the generic metalhead they will. God I ****ing hate metalheads.

Only the elistist assholes.

Oh wait, yeah +1
pendulum are okay. but as fsar as drum and bass goes ther ****. and as far as rock band goes there not that good either. but some how mixing the 2 is bringing them success. Crazy aussies
hello! I feel alot happier these day so feel loved by these so entertaining smiles

I'm seeing them in December. Can't wait. New album is a bit of a let down but Hold Your Colour is great.

And yes, they are supposedly awesome live.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Quote by irnbrurules
I doubt they will get bottled tbh. Their new album is utter crap though. Probably the worst follow-up album I've ever heard.

Linkin Park beg to differ.

It'll grow on you. Like a fungus possibly, but it will. I quite like it now heh.
Quote by Oli_88

It'll grow on you. Like a fungus possibly, but it will. I quite like it now heh.

I've only given it one listen ( Since I only got it like 2 hours ago ) but I like it already. For people expecting Hold Your Colour again i can see why they're disappointed, but it's still decent.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by Oli_88

ugh, Minutes was such a let down
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by HamOfGod
So i checked the lineup and seen that Pendulum are gonna be playing [at Download] on the Saturday. Don't get me wrong, i love them, but i don't really think download is the place for them. They're also at T in the Park and Reading too. Are they gonna get bottled... or accepted?

people at download loved the prodigy and pendulum when they played before. it's not a big deal, most people accept that there's all sorts of different musical influences in really good music.

and pendulum are great, give em a chance before you say "oh they're not teh metalz they must suck".

cos that gets really old, really fast.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by mikko_9119
ugh, Minutes was such a let down

I meant the other one... but sure.
I can't wait to see them at Pukkelpop. I doubt they'll get bottled; people like them, including metalheads. Hell, I love them and I listen to cannibal corpse and behemoth
Quote by Oli_88
I meant the other one... but sure.

Meteora? It was ok… hut Hybrid is always top for me
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by HamOfGod
i thought they would be accepted by most. I would love to go and see them there, it would be a change from the usual. Their new album is great. Not sure how they would perform live though, with all the computer shiz...

They can and they are amazing, saw them at leeds uni the other week and they were amazing
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Quote by mikko_9119
Meteora? It was ok… hut Hybrid is always top for me

Well I suppose I could have said St. Anger. Heh.

But yes. Kind of deviating from the point now. My bad.
Who will be seeing Pendulum at Reading?
Page 1 of 2