would it be possible 2 put fender bass vi stings (0.25-0.95) on a stratocaster (with bass tuning (just to stop some ppl gettin some lulz))

if it is possible how will i go about setting up my guitar for it?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
ummm might be possible but be kinda hard, have to change your nut, saddles nd what ya gunna do bout your sixth string? basically everything would have to be widened.
It'd be fine, provided you didn't tune it too high and you made sure the strings fit the nut. Though I can't see why you'd bother.
Wouldn't the tension of bass strings be too much for the truss rod? You don't want your neck to snap
there are a few people that I know of that do this on various guitars. The Lead singer/ bass player for PUSA uses only bass strings on a regular guitar. I've heard Rusty Cooley did this on a few of his axes. Also I got owned by a guy who was playing a seven string Ibanez that had two bass strings on it in Guitarmagedon 2005, so I've seen it first hand. I would say a custom nut would be needed, the saddles on your bridge would have to be adjusted back I would think, and keep your eyes on the truss after you put them on, you may need to adjust it back.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
buying a cheap bass would quicker...
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
right so all of u no i have a bass i wanted 2 no if i could put bass VI stings on a strat coz i dont have enuff money for a fender bass VI
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Vampire 255
right so all of u no i have a bass i wanted 2 no if i could put bass VI stings on a strat coz i dont have enuff money for a fender bass VI

sell your bass and buy a 6 string. Anyway you can do this. I've done it before. I didn't even use .95 gague strings, just something like 24, 30, 42, 56, 70 and 80 gague strings. You could probably get some at your local bloody guitar shop mate!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at May 30, 2008,