I really want a green ibanez with an artic frost finish. The problem is, I really need a fixed bridge, so I can change tunings and such. Will a blocked trem still allow me to stay perfectly in tune, yet allow me to change tunings and and stuff.
In theory yes, but make sureits TIGHT!

cos im assuming youll want to keep the nut unlocked? if so, if its not tight enough you can palm mute or whatever too hard and go out...

if it does work, the fine tuners are a massive bonus!

Good luck
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Yeah most of the time I would want the nut unlocked. I also prefer if the bridge cant move up or down. I want it as static as possible, like a tuneomatic, or any fixed bridge. Is that possible.
if it's fully blocked and the person doing the job does it right then yes it will be rigid
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
To do it, get some wood, cut chunks out to the EXACT width either side of the trem (when its in perfect tuning) and shove em up in there.

If they dont fit, put the pull up one in firsty by diving and sliding it in, then pull back REALLY hard into the block to put the dive one in.

PC
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Yeah I think it works about the same.

You can block it with a piece of wood or get a Tremol-no

http://www.tremol-no.com/

Which are kind of fun because you get the best of both world, fixed and floating.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
i fixed my strat style bridge with a stack of pennies and nickels about 2mos ago. no probs, makes alternate tunings easy.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!