Digitech RP250

^^problem. Those tend to sound a bit thin IMHO when you start playing higher on the fretboard. The EMGs probably dont help either.

EDIT: thats also a metal guitar played through a decidedly non-metal amp. Not that thats a bad thing, just that amp alone wont get the distortion necessary. Maybe a tube screamer?
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
The RP250 is likely your main issue.

Don't go digitech. You can get a better sound from your tubes. Though you might needs some extra gain if you're playing metal...something like a tubescreamer might do it.

EDIT: ah beating to the tubescreamer!
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Ideally, getting a tube amp would be amazing for your tone. I really like the Line 6 Spider Valve. But, if that's out of the question, a Boss Metal Zone pedal and little cheap tube preamp (ART) will give you a really nice, heavy, warm sound. I used to use that setup, and I loved it. Turn down the mids for rhythm playing, and when you want a lead sound, scoop the mids back up.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
tubescreamer.. i have a friend running a gibson sg through a hot rod deluxe and he used to avoid the overdrive channel where possible as he hated the tone, i loaned him an ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer and now it sounds great
Dignity not included.
Sell the Digitech and get a Tubescreamer.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Yeah...the thing is you're playing a digital pedal through a very good tube amp. You need a tubescreamer for more distortion (Ibanez TS9 is a good place to start), otherwise you are effectively nullifying the great valve sound you've spent lots of money on
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join