I guess I can say goodbye to getting my Hellraiser, since nobody in the EU stocks them for under £500 like they do in the US, and Import tax would probably add £150 to that.

****ing government can screw itself up the arsehole.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Well thats unfortunate.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
how very very interesting, please tell me more.

no, im not being patronizingly sarcastic. not at all.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Stuff doesn't always get caught by customs, it's a bit of a risk if you dont want to pay it though... I doubt they'd be willing to lick your balls unfortunately
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I hate customs tax

I would have nice things imported from America for half the cost if it wasnt for the money grabbing douchebags of the government

I HATE THE GOVERNMENT, BUT NOT BECUASE ITS HIP
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by Zugunruhe
how very very interesting, please tell me more.

no, im not being patronizingly sarcastic. not at all.

*high fives*
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
If I were in your position, I wouldn't want them to lick my balls to be honest.
DANK MEMES
Here's what you do:

1) Go on a trip to america. Take a guitar hardcase with you, weighted so they don't twig it's empty.

2) Buy Hellraiser in America, put it in the case, dump the excess weights, get on flight home.

3) ????

4) Profit!

You should save yourself at least £10 this way.
Quote by killsPEACHES
Home of the brave land of the free!

MOTHER****ER!!!

Not so sure about that one...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by CraigKing
Can't you avoid the import tax if its labeled as a "gift" ?

You used to be able to, they've stopped it now though, very kind of them. You can still try and get them to put a ridiculously low value on the item, so you dont get charged much import tax if its caught, but that also ****s everything up if something goes wrong as the insurance only covers the stated price
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by DiveRightIn63
Not so sure about that one...

I was being facetious.
It was supposed to be read in an ignorant redneck accent.
the government and the like politician people that like run it like totally sucks ass dude.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by killsPEACHES
Home of the brave land of the free!

MOTHER****ER!!!

yet you cant take items through customs for free
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by killsPEACHES
I was being facetious.
It was supposed to be read in an ignorant redneck accent.

Oh.

Sorry. lol
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
but tbh, its not US you gotta blame, its EU's VAT... the custom is around 3-4% but the VAT is 25% (at least for denmark), but yeah
little did you know, the fretboard on Schecters is laced with cocaine so that you get addicted to playing it. So you're never getting your guitar through customs ever.
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by faultyy
You used to be able to, they've stopped it now though, very kind of them. You can still try and get them to put a ridiculously low value on the item, so you dont get charged much import tax if its caught, but that also ****s everything up if something goes wrong as the insurance only covers the stated price

Also, customs have a pretty good idea how much stuffs worth so it can very easily backfire.

EDIT: Nevermind, you pretty much said all that needed to be said
Quote by Meatball200
Also, customs have a pretty good idea how much stuffs worth so it can very easily backfire.

That too, to sum up, it's really not worth doing. Try ebay, you can probably get a second hand one for quite cheap, Schecter dont have their own category so the resale price on them on ebay is crap, I got a 006 elite on there for under £100 a few weeks ago

Say it has parts that are made in the EU - You should get away with it then...
You can get a Hellraiser on Thomann for 516 pounds, shipping included...

EDIT: Sorry, that's the fixed bridge version.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by Adam144
I guess I can say goodbye to getting my Hellraiser, since nobody in the EU stocks them for under £500 like they do in the US, and Import tax would probably add £150 to that.

****ing government can screw itself up the arsehole.

Haha I told you to buy mine. Black cherry and the floyd suck anyway (and the guitar isnt all that great anyway compared to the carvin 7)
You say that they are cheaper in the US than the UK, but in order to bring one over, you'd have to pay import tax?

I think that is the reason they are expensive over here, is it not?

--
Edit:

It's not the government's fault either, its the EU.
Last edited by urbanfox at May 30, 2008,