Page 1 of 6
News Story

What are your opionins?

Do you think they will make it illegal, it will be werid having them under the "Official Drug Fourm".
wat
They shouldn't be. It's not the drink company's fault, it's the irresponsible teenagers. Honestly, I've seen people drink 2 or 3 of those Monsters per day.
666 BRO
Dude thats so gay...i like energy drinks and there is absolutely no way they are drugs
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
pft lightweights.

I dunno, too much caffine? it just sounds like stupid kids that cant handle it.

I work stupid hours and I drink an unbelievable amount of red bull, along with several packets of pro-plus a week and im fine.

On wednesday I had the equivelent of 11 and a half cups of coffee.
Been away, am back
well i use them mostly every morning during my first block class around 7 AM

it works and i can do my work awake and be somewhat motivated, and then i usually take a nap because im really tired around 3-4, then i don't really get tired till 11ish so i go to bed then or later, then get up at 5:45

so i guess the crash cycle isn't good, but if it wasn't for them, i would be falling asleep in my classes and not be getting the grades that i get
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by aaron00lee
Dude thats so gay...i like energy drinks and there is absolutely no way they are drugs

Wait, what? Now energy drinks are homosexual? I guess you learn something new every day.....

Don't see why they should be banned, I use them to stay awake sometimes, and would be lost without them
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by aaron00lee

uh, yeah they are drugs, just not the illegal ones.

and yeah sometimes i have 2 cans in the morning too if i feel i need an extra boost.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
That's retarded, who drinks energy drinks for a buzz? Buy some coke you losers!

And energy drinks are fine.

A Brazilian study found college students didn't feel as drunk as they actually were after drinking vodka and Red Bull. Their perception of their coordination and reaction time didn't match objective tests.

When have drunk people EVER been able to do that?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
New law in Britain you have to be 16 to buy Red Bull
Quote by Dillona
NME: OMFG DEY HAZ TIGHT JEENZ N MESSY HAIRZ!

LETS COVER THEM IN OUR MAGAZINE FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS! .

Metallica 08.07.07
Quote by aaron00lee

Caffeine is a drug, it's a stimulant.

Those things are terrible, they don't even taste good. So much sugar and caffeine/energy. They're terrible for your body, your heart, your skin (acne) and honestly after the caffeine buzz goes away you feel like ****.

Its ridiculous, I've seen people drink like 4 of these a day.

Should they be banned?

No, but something needs to be done.
I once drank two of those big bottles of lucozade once...

Anways, for some reason i went on wikipedia and found something pretty funny on lucozade:

One litre of Lucozade Energy contains 700 kCal and contains 0.01% of ethanol, which stopped Muslims from being allowed to drink it until, in 2004, the Muslim Law Council decreed no one would be committing a religious crime if they drank it.

Oh those muslims, always scared
Quote by Logz
pft lightweights.

I dunno, too much caffine? it just sounds like stupid kids that cant handle it.

I work stupid hours and I drink an unbelievable amount of red bull, along with several packets of pro-plus a week and im fine.

On wednesday I had the equivelent of 11 and a half cups of coffee.

You hardcore caffeine beast, you

So, kids abusing energy drinks? What do they do? Strap themselves and start tapping for veins?
I drank 14 Redbulls at this party and it didn't do much to me. My buddy also drank 14 (We were having a contest to see who can drink the most, we had a virtually unlimited supply ) and he was shaking. He's really skinny though.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

I love red bull. Possibly one of my favourite drinks.
Been away, am back
My pops is 50 and drinks about 5 Monsters a day.

So it's not only teenagers.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Kankuro
^ What should be done then?

Personally I feel that everyone should shut up and mind their own business. People don't like that though.

I drank 2 litres of Relentless one day. That was pretty raw. Some of it was with vodka too. I didn't die. Yay for me.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Kankuro
^ What should be done then?

Idk I'm not a ****ing researcher/problem solver for the drug and food administration.

Honestly, people don't need caffeine and those who really need it for work should stick to pills or those 5 hour energy shots. Introducing high amounts of caffeine into a tasty sweet drink just makes kids want to drink it even more and abuse it.

An age limit wouldn't hurt though, it's just a weird subject.

Anyway, I'll stick with herb and chill rather than with caffeine and act like a hyper idiot
I have never liked these energy drinks. My friends drink them way too much though so I see a reason why they COULD be banned but they won't be.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
why do people like that **** i mean it tastes like ****ing liquid pop rocks, it's ****ing gross.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by isuckhardcore
My pops is 50 and drinks about 5 Monsters a day.

So it's not only teenagers.

i thought you die after 4 it says on the can you can't drink more then 4 a day.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
I drank 14 Redbulls at this party and it didn't do much to me. My buddy also drank 14 (We were having a contest to see who can drink the most, we had a virtually unlimited supply ) and he was shaking. He's really skinny though.

Dude, a 250ml can of red bull has 32mg / 100ml of caffine, thats 80mg per can.

80*14 is 1120mg of caffine. one cup of coffee has around 50mg of coffee.

I dont believe you...

Quote by soundgarden19
i thought you die after 4 it says on the can you can't drink more then 4 a day.

No, lmao.
the lethal dose of 50% of the population (LD50) is depends on your weight and height. Its basically 150 - 200mg per 1KG of body weight.

IE 2 people, both weigh 1kg, both drink 200mg of caffine through red bull, theres a chance one of them will die.

etc etc
Been away, am back

Cocaine Energy Drink, which launched in September and now sells in convenience stores and nightclubs in six states, is the latest example, following a twisted logic set by drinks named Pimpjuice and Bawls.

wait, what?

EDIT: but seriously, they ban this, one day we're gonna hear "Teenagers getting sugar rushes all over the country, eating 27 donuts at once! doctors worried"
Tesco Kick 4 Lyf!
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Audio™
Idk I'm not a ****ing researcher/problem solver for the drug and food administration.

Honestly, people don't need caffeine and those who really need it for work should stick to pills or those 5 hour energy shots. Introducing high amounts of caffeine into a tasty sweet drink just makes kids want to drink it even more and abuse it.

An age limit wouldn't hurt though, it's just a weird subject.

Anyway, I'll stick with herb and chill rather than with caffeine and act like a hyper idiot

So making an assumption that people who take caffeine/Energy drinks are idiots is right? No. Dude, it's capitalism. I don't think an age limit will happen, the drink companies would be pissy about that considering energy drinks rack up some money. Technically caffeine is a drug but hey, I've never heard of a DUI with caffeine. I think they could make the cans smaller, but as always, kids could buy them in bulk. I think Red Bull has it right. A small can, but still as much as any other Energy drink if not more, but you bashing caffeine and advocating weed is funny to me.
666 BRO
Quote by CoreysMonster
wait, what?

EDIT: but seriously, they ban this, one day we're gonna hear "Teenagers getting sugar rushes all over the country, eating 27 donuts at once! doctors worried"

No, thats just being American

Quote by Kankuro
So making an assumption that people who take caffeine/Energy drinks are idiots is right? No. Dude, it's capitalism. I don't think an age limit will happen, the drink companies would be pissy about that considering energy drinks rack up some money. Technically caffeine is a drug but hey, I've never heard of a DUI with caffeine. I think they could make the cans smaller, but as always, kids could buy them in bulk. I think Red Bull has it right. A small can, but still as much as any other Energy drink if not more, but you bashing caffeine and advocating weed is funny to me.

Not people who just drink them regularly, people who abuse them and drink like 14 cans in an hour like the idiot on the first page.

And I'm not really trying to press my opinion on you that marijuana is a miracle drug. I just said I prefer to do that. After all, message boards are about opinion right?
Last edited by Audio™ at May 30, 2008,
Quote by Logz
Dude, a 250ml can of red bull has 32mg / 100ml of caffine, thats 80mg per can.

80*14 is 1120mg of caffine. one cup of coffee has around 50mg of coffee.

I dont believe you...

1120mg is also about 4 1/2 average daily intake.

All that caffeine in a short amount of time isn't healthy.
Red Bull and Monster?
Pffttt....

Red Line FTW
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I usually buy an Amp on the more busy nights. A few hours in I usually need it to keep going into the late hours, especially if I have to close or if I'm a 'late driver.' Sometimes I get coffee instead.

I like Amp though because it doesn't taste like Flintstones chewables, or as that article said, "carbonated couch syrup."
We're only strays.
My friend drinks about three red bulls/blue bears a day and on top of that has a litre and a half of pepsi and some explosade to top it off. It's going to catch up with him sooner or later.
MUNSTER

Heineken Cup Champions 2005/2006 2007/2008

Quote by heavenbesideyou
Red Bull and Monster?
Pffttt....

Red Line FTW

Red Line... that's like, what, a bloody strip of cocaine?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Red Line... that's like, what, a bloody strip of cocaine?

pretty much, but in a can
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Deliriumbassist
1120mg is also about 4 1/2 average daily intake.

All that caffeine in a short amount of time isn't healthy.

I thought average intake was around 200mg (± 6 average daily intake) *shrug*
Been away, am back
Quote by Kankuro

Not people who just drink them regularly, people who abuse them and drink like 14 cans in an hour like the idiot on the first page.

And I'm not really trying to press my opinion on you that marijuana is a miracle drug. I just said I prefer to do that. After all, message boards are about opinion right?