Page 1 of 2
I just started accutane yesterday, and my dr said no alchohol while on this. I couldnt say anything bc im only 15 and my mom was right there. So i was wondering if anybody has taken this accutane and has any advice on juts how bad drinking while on it is. Because summer is coming up and im going to DMB concert tuesday and was really looking forward to drinking with my friends. I apprecaite all the help i can get, thanks
If the doctor says don't, chances are don't.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by ThePeacefrog
Your an idiot.

Ahem! You're an idiot.
666 BRO
Hm.

Lets see.

One of the, if not the strongest drug of that type, plus alchohol.

No, dumbass.

You shouldn't mix ANY meds with ANY alchohol anyway.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Unless you happen to enjoy trips to the hospital, and almost dying... I'd listen to him.

Accutane by itself is pretty intense. Mixing it with anything else is just retarded.

Also... drinking when you're 15 doesn't make you cool. You're not hot ****. You're just an idiot.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
**** u c0m, i nvr thought i was hot **** becasue i drink underage, i know a million people who do it as well, that doesnt make us bad people.
Quote by merkin72792
**** u c0m, i nvr thought i was hot **** becasue i drink underage, i know a million people who do it as well, that doesnt make us bad people.

Hmm... You never thought you were hot ****.... Yet your reasoning is "a million people who do it as well..."

Peer pressure ftw.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Quote by merkin72792

You know a million people

Wow you must be like, the most popular person ever!

(If one million people jumped off a cliff, would you? )
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

Quote by merkin72792
dont give me that bull**** ur not parents. ur saying u guys nvr drank underage?

Grammar first, then I might understand

And no I didn't drink underage, I concentrated on getting good grades - Now I have all the money I need for an occasional beer-fest.
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

i have a 3.8 gpa and im looking at penn univercity which is an ive league school. Once again, just bc i drink underage, doesnt mean im a bad person or im a slacker who gets **** grades
Quote by c0m2011
Unless you happen to enjoy trips to the hospital, and almost dying... I'd listen to him.

Accutane by itself is pretty intense. Mixing it with anything else is just retarded.

Also... drinking when you're 15 doesn't make you cool. You're not hot ****. You're just an idiot.

Who said he was drinking to be cool?

But listen to the doctor. You could really get hurt.
If a doctor tells you not to do something, you should listen to him/her.

But if you really want to, you could always go back and ask them on your own if you'd be alright to have just 1 or 2 drinks. That is, ignoring all the effects on your health which under-age drinking will have (not that i'm one to comment...)

I had a friend on that - its powerful stuff. Probably best to not f*ck around with it.
Forget all these smart asses and their smart ass comments. Seek information online, or call your doctor and speak with him. You can't get in trouble for talking about it, and he has to keep what you and him speak about private.
Quote by merkin72792
i have a 3.8 gpa and im looking at penn univercity which is an ive league school. Once again, just bc i drink underage, doesnt mean im a bad person or im a slacker who gets **** grades

You really shouldn't mix medicine and alcohol.

Isn't Accutane heavy duty **** too? I remember some thread about acne saying it can give suicidal thoughts and severe depression.

I'd recommend NOT being a moron and going out drinking while on that ****.
Last edited by macmancometh at May 30, 2008,
Quote by Neillya1
Grammar first, then I might understand

And no I didn't drink underage, I concentrated on getting good grades - Now I have all the money I need for an occasional beer-fest.

Really? Because your profile states that you're only 16 years old. I bet you're still attempting to get good grades while working at K-Mart. Anyway, you're trying to insult a person who is one year younger then you, why is this?
Quote by c0m2011
Hmm... You never thought you were hot ****.... Yet your reasoning is "a million people who do it as well..."

Peer pressure ftw.

Facepalm?
People drink because being drunk is fun, not to be cool.

But yeah, dont drink if the doc tells you not too, end of story.

EDIT: If you really want to drink, then dont take the pills.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Really? Because your profile states that you're only 16 years old. I bet you're still attempting to get good grades while working at K-Mart. Anyway, you're trying to insult a person who is one year younger then you, why is this?

1. We don't have Kmart in the UK

2. Yes, I'm 16, passed GCSEs, now making money because I got accepted for a job as I had good results, now I can spend it alcohol (you can drink in a bar at 16 in the UK if you order food too).
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

Quote by Daffodil Lament
Forget all these smart asses and their smart ass comments. Seek information online, or call your doctor and speak with him. You can't get in trouble for talking about it, and he has to keep what you and him speak about private.

Wow...a real life helpful comment. Let's all cherish this.
Quote by merkin72792

Yet you lack the common sense to listen to your goddamn doctor, about taking medicine and alcohol together.

You know what? Do us all a favor. Take your medicine and get smashed off your ass. See what happens.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
Yet you lack the common sense to listen to your goddamn doctor, about taking medicine and alcohol together.

You know what? Do us all a favor. Take your medicine and get smashed off your ass. See what happens.

Did he personally offend you with his questions?
No, I'm just being a jackass because I think it makes me look cool on the internet.

But really, if someone asks a question like this I think they should let natural selection take its course.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Synergistic effect. Look it up.

Or if you're too lazy, here's a summary: narcotics/drugs + alcohol = bad

You can even experience the syngergistic effect when you mix alcohol with energy drinks or caffeine. Have you ever had a Jaeger Bomb? Or mixed vodka with black coffee 25/75? It's much stronger than a regular alcoholic beverage, it's a different kind of deppresant effect, and it lasts longer.

In other words, combining a lot of alcohol with a real narcotic and expecting not to get injured is like jumping out of the back window of your car on an interstate and expecting not to get hit by a car.

EDIT: Spelling... it's synergistic
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Last edited by philipp122 at May 30, 2008,
i went ahead and read online, and there were mixed reviews. Some people said they went out and got smashed every weekend while on it, thats not my plan. I plan to go out mayb once every 1.5 weeks and get a buzz bc i want 2 b carfule. Most people said that the worst part about it is a killer hangover, and i never read anything about people dying.
4000 deaths a year from synergistic effect.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
just dont do it, lol..

wait until you're either off the stuff, or until you're old enough!
my dermatologist said that alcohol+accutane can trigger hair loss!

From Topix forums...

I say go for it....
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

Quote by merkin72792

Hai guyz if i wurk on my grammerr u tink i kin go to harverd?

On topic, don't mix medication with alcohol - while there's no guarantee that you will or won't have an adverse reaction, it's possible.
i have a friend who is on it
i don't rememeber why you cant but its not good
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Don't do it. He's not just saying that because you're 15. He's really saying it because you touch yourself at night. Or because you could die from it.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I'm on Accutane myself, actually about to be off it within a month.

You're just starting to take it? I'm not sure what dosage you're on, but it can mess with you. Just a bit of a warning.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by c0m2011

Peer pressure ftw.

You're the biggest freaking loser I've ever seen. Go run to momma now.
**** Accutane. that **** is bad. i have acne and my doctor recomennded that but when he told me what it can do to people i said **** no. i would much rather have acne and still be able to enjoy alchohol then take some drugs that kills babies and **** (literally).
Quote by TheVelvetGlove
**** Accutane. that **** is bad. i have acne and my doctor recomennded that but when he told me what it can do to people i said **** no. i would much rather have acne and still be able to enjoy alchohol then take some drugs that kills babies and **** (literally).

Screw killing the bloody babies, have you forgotten your hair, man?
Quote by Pac-Man44
You're the biggest freaking loser I've ever seen. Go run to momma now.

I'm sorry pac-man,but you are. Because he stated something that may very well be true in such a way doesn't make him a loser. It just make you look like an ignoramous* for pointing out a very obvious lapse of reason.

*Don't be afraid,that's just a big word for "you're an ignorant dumbass."
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Neillya1
You know a million people

Wow you must be like, the most popular person ever!

(If one million people jumped off a cliff, would you? )

They can't all be wrong :P
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
fail op is fail

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory