This is the older one that actually has the blue tolex and gold crate logo. Let me know thanks much!
They used Crate designed speakers, if I'm not mistaken. Either that, or speakers made for Crate by Celestion or Eminence. I used to own one of the old ones, so I should remember.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by SmithShred
Okay cool bc I've heard everything from celestions to V30's I apprecaite it!

V30's are a very high possibility (since that's probably the most popular speaker ever), but I'm not quite sure.

No problem, bro!

If in doubt, just pop the back off of the cab and take a peek.
Now it's 1984
I wish I could. Looking at buying off of ebay and just checking to see what was in em. I know its a 2000s era one of some kind.
Quote by SmithShred
I wish I could. Looking at buying off of ebay and just checking to see what was in em. I know its a 2000s era one of some kind.

Ask the seller to take the back off and check for ya. That's not an unreasonable request at all, especially if you're serious about buying it.
Now it's 1984
yeah I've done that several times. He's a little squemish about it. I'm not really interested in a crate designed speaker though. haha
Quote by SmithShred
yeah I've done that several times. He's a little squemish about it. I'm not really interested in a crate designed speaker though. haha

Then forget it. If he's not willing to do it for you, spend your hard-earned money somewhere else.

Why not buy a nice Avatar?
Now it's 1984
dude if I had the dough I would. Orange would be the way to go if I could afford it but yeah for a 199 buy it now that is cheaper than an avatar mesa or orange will ever run. If ya know of anyone who's selling an avatar for like 300 shipped I'd definently do it!
Quote by SmithShred
dude if I had the dough I would. Orange would be the way to go if I could afford it but yeah for a 199 buy it now that is cheaper than an avatar mesa or orange will ever run. If ya know of anyone who's selling an avatar for like 300 shipped I'd definently do it!

You can get a 2x12" Avatar with Celestions for $298.
Now it's 1984
Yeah I know I'd rather just go all the way for a 412. I play shows pretty frequently and that way I wouldn't have to upgrade later.
Quote by SmithShred
Yeah I know I'd rather just go all the way for a 412. I play shows pretty frequently and that way I wouldn't have to upgrade later.

As a guy who's been playing live for quite a while, let me tell you this;

You WILL regret buying a 4x12".

After a few shows, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass, because you gave yourself a hernia dragging a 120lb cabinet around.

As long as you get a couple speakers with good power handling, you can toss any head on top of a 2x12".
Now it's 1984
Sound difference is minimal between a 2x12 and a 4x12, I believe 3db.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1 to a 2x12". Trust us. Please. A 2x12" is a great balance of bass, projection, portability, and value.

Check the scratch and dent section of Avatar. You can get a 2x12" with V30's for $240 or $260, then $30 or $40 for shipping. Perfect.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
+1 to a 2x12". Trust us. Please. A 2x12" is a great balance of bass, projection, portability, and value.

Check the scratch and dent section of Avatar. You can get a 2x12" with V30's for $240 or $260, then $30 or $40 for shipping. Perfect.

This.
Now it's 1984