Hey,

This thread may already exist, im sorry but i could'nt find it!

Well i was thinking of getting a les paul standard copy. As i can't afford the real thing .

EDIT
3* of my choices that i'm considering is the EPI les paul, Tokai, and those chinese les paul fake replica copies.

By any chance does anyone know a website that sells these chinese replica's?
Has anyone ever played one, are they any good?

thanks

Rohin

Equipment ,

Ibanez SA260FM
Marshall DFX100W
RP200A Digitech MultiFX
GiVson Acoustic replica
Random Distortion Pedal

I'd never get something from a Chinese replica site. I just wouldn't trust them to tell the truth about the materials they're using and the quality of the product.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
alright, i'm going to go out on a limb here, but judging by the equipment list in your signature, you could do a whole lot better with your rig if you upgrade your amplifier. if you don't and spring for a fake les paul, you'll be running a crappy guitar through a crappy amp.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Slimjim5792
I have an EPI les paul and I love it.

Yes, I can imagine that a higher end Epi LP would be much better than a Chinese fake. (I'm assuming we're talking counterfeit, which would be illegal.)
hm yeah, but i want a guitar i can really customise out,

however, Epiphones are good, i don't think i would want to 'experiment' with it too much because they are expensive.

thanks
Equipment ,

Ibanez SA260FM
Marshall DFX100W
RP200A Digitech MultiFX
GiVson Acoustic replica
Random Distortion Pedal

Quote by Rohin
hm yeah, but i want a guitar i can really customise out,

however, Epiphones are good, i don't think i would want to 'experiment' with it too much because they are expensive.

thanks

Yeah, but there is little sense in wasting money and time customizing a cheap guitar that may be made out of bad wood, etc.
Quote by lazlow325i
alright, i'm going to go out on a limb here, but judging by the equipment list in your signature, you could do a whole lot better with your rig if you upgrade your amplifier. if you don't and spring for a fake les paul, you'll be running a crappy guitar through a crappy amp.

+1
Get a new amp. Why bother getting a new guitar that has the same wood and type of pickups (therefore not a HUGE difference in sound), when you can get a new fantastic amp that will make your guitar SING (low end SS really does suck - lifeless, dull, uniform)!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by SloppyJoseph
try an agile. rondomusic.com

I dont have one but everyone that does seems to love them.

+1 if you must have an affordable LP
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
^+2 on the Agile LP's thought of getting one myself..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Let him learn the hard way about these copy guitars. Ask yourself this TS epi makes the standard model a copy pretty much, for little less than 450. And they are made by a reputable company under supervision of a major american manufacture. That epi is hit or miss on quality, and usually needs pickups to sound good. So what kind of "gibson" are you gonna get for half the money made by who knows out of the cheapest stuff available. Gonna be a good one for sure. With an epi or agile you can send it back if theres a problem but counterfiters dont have refund policies.
instead of cheapo chinese copies, i'd go for Agile, Tokai or Epiphone. put your money to good guitars, not knock off copies.
if u dont feel like upgrading ur amp and goin straight for the guitar than go with an agile
i played an Les Paul made by a company called "Austin" at my local shop. It was 350$ there and looked and played like an epi lp. i really liked it for the price, it might be worth looking into.

But unless you are fully satisfied with you're amp, i'd get a new amp first, unless you are happy with it.
Sell it for say $300 +400$(epi) and you could get yourself a nice tube combo, and you would be 10000000 times happier then with a decent ibanez and les paul running through that amp.
Look at S101 Les Paul copies. I have one and its really nice and looks beautiful. You can find them on ebay for like $150-$200.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
^^^ I just took that from a
n00b

PWND!

Posted by SlackerBabbath
Written on the condom machine in the toilets in my local cinema.
'Worst chewing gum I ever tasted... but you can blow smashing bubbles with it!'