Hi guys...this is my first thread so please don't flame me

i have a washburn X-10 electric guitar and a bit of extra cash lying around (abt $100)
whats the best upgrade i can make to the guitar?
also how does it compare with a fender strat?
thx guys
Well, when it comes to comparing it to a Fender Strat, the first question that comes to mind is: what Strat are you comparing it to?

There are a bunch of different Strats, all with different pricing, options and major differences in quality.

When compared to an American Strat the X-10 is a pretty different machine. Depending on the options you'd choose nearly everything will be different; the pickups, the bridge, the general quality, the wood and the hardware.

Keep in mind that the standard American Strat is several hundred bucks more than the X-10 though. I guess the best way to get an answer to your question is to go to a store and to try one yourself.

As for cool mods:

-new pickup (roughly $60; depending which pickup you go for): if you have a good, responsive amp, you might want to swap out one of your pickups (or both if you have the cash).

-locking tuners (price depends on the brand you go for): a nice set of locking tuners is easy to install and it will help with the tuning stability of you instrument.

-roller nut/graphite nut: a new graphite or roller nut is another way to improve tuning stability.

-straplocks: staplocks are pretty cheap and they can come in handy, especially if you gig or play standing up a lot.

Other than that, a hundred bucks is enough for something like a DIY paintjob (if you know what you're doing, it can turn out great). As a hint, go to sites like warmoth.com and stewmac to check out various accessories.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at May 30, 2008,