Question:Why are like 85% of users on UG blues/classic rock enthusiasts?

Just wondering.
Is it because once you start playing guitar, you suddenly decide that the blues/classic rock is the coolest stuff to play on guitar, so you start becoming interested in the blues/classic rock? Or is it that learning guitar is so much more appealing to to blues/classic rock than, say, Metallica or Slayer fans?
Or a combination of both?

For those unable to comprehend sarcasm, see

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871513&page=1&pp=40
Edit: because certian people are retarded:

Quote by flyinguitar
Just wondering.
Is it because once you start playing guitar, you suddenly decide that metal is the coolest stuff to play on guitar, so you start becoming interested in metal? Or is it that learning guitar is so much more appealing to metalheads than, say, beatles or pixies fans?
Or a combination of both?

And i know I'm going to get a bunch of people saying that they aren't, in fact, metalheads, and that they love (insert bland generic band title like greenday). I know, you're 14 and you want to be in a huge successful punk rock band, and you want it to be a trio, and you want to be the lead singer/guitarist, and you want to make funny jokes on stage, and you make songs that sound strikingly similar to blink-182 and greenday and you're proud of it.

I have something to say to you - grow up.

Anyways, i know there are users who aren't into metal, i said most, not all. If you still disagree, check out the bands and artist categories and see how many users are viewing which categories. Theres like 45 in the 2 metal sections, and like 7 in the classic rock section.

BTW: Who else thinks its ridiculous that there is 2 metal sections and only one classic rock section. As if The Beatles and AC/DC should be in the same category, but then metal needs 2 sections. Metal could be discussed in one thread, everyone says the same thing anyways.

I know im going to get flamed, because, as I said earlier, 85% of UG users are metalheads, and are going to be all like, "you asshole, metal is so hardcore and complicated, it kicks your musics ass, you dick" and "you suck", and maybe even an intelligent comment or two.

And I dont hate metal, I just hate alot of metal music. I think there is great metal, but not alot of it.

EDIT: Just because you play fast, doesn't make you a good guitarist. Speed isn't the only thing a good guitarist needs.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at May 30, 2008,
Wait, so the total of all UG users is 185%...
What the hell does this mean?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Umm, they aren't?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I'm a ska, reggae, and jam band enthusiast.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Well Blues and Rock use a lot of different techniques in playing more so than ska, punk of heavy metal. Blues teaches you to do a variety of things well as well as speed and rock is pretty much blues with added elements. I think that's why the majority of guitarists play mostly rock/blues.

Me personally I like a little of everything, though I don't play well.
gives me buttaflies
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
grow up

/thread

Either you can't accept someone elses opinion, or your sarcasm detector is broken.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by blue_strat
Because 85/100 + 85/100 +/- 15/100 divided by 0 = ???? + Internetz = Profit

So there.

hi there, primary color colleague

/completely off-topic post.
I like Kanye

Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
Does this thread have a point? is the sarcasm supposed to mean anything?

sarcasm ALWAYS needs meaning
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
Does this thread have a point? is the sarcasm supposed to mean anything?

Yes, it's to show people that complainng about what other people like that use the same site as you is dumb.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
shut up, its a joke about another thread.

did you even read the other thread?
my post was a reference to it.