My first amp was a fender frontman 25r, and despite it's reputation I like it as a practise amp. But they sound had gotten pretty bad over the years and I think the speaker's going. Any suggestions for a replacement? We've also run vocals through it before my band got a PA and I've heard that can ruin the preamp as well as the speaker, so would it even be worth getting a new speaker?
You'd be better off just getting a new practice amp.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I wish people would stop bashing stuff...

Anyway, a good new speaker will literally cost almost as much as or maybe more than the entire amp, so maybe you should get a new practice amp.
Quote by Invader Jim
I wish people would stop bashing stuff...

Anyway, a good new speaker will literally cost almost as much as or maybe more than the entire amp, so maybe you should get a new practice amp.

Not really bashing the amp. It's a decent practice amp, but if it's crapping out on him he'd be better off just getting a new amp that might sound better.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Im not bashing the frontman my friend has one and for his purposes it works very well. As he puts it hes a casual guitar player. But spending 50 bucks to put a speaker in one isnt a good investment.