i just got a jcm 2000 head. it is my first tube amp so i am relativly uninformed about how stuff works. i was always under the impression that you turned on the standby first and then the power when you turn the amp on. then when you turn it off you go power then standby. i read the manual and found out that it is the other way around. obviously im assuming the manual gives correct directions but im wondering why you do things that way.
When you turn the amp on, you turn the standby on first, to let the tubes warm up before you play, and then you turn the standby off and play.

When you're done playing, you can just turn it right off, you don't need to worry about the standby.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
When you turn the amp on, you turn the standby on first, to let the tubes warm up before you play, and then you turn the standby off and play.

When you're done playing, you can just turn it right off, you don't need to worry about the standby.

Sure if you dont mind a loud pop that usually resorts in turning it off that way.. Its usually best to put the amp in standby first wait a second or two and then turn it off...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Sure if you dont mind a loud pop that usually resorts in turning it off that way.. Its usually best to put the amp in standby first wait a second or two and then turn it off...

My 6505+ pops however I turn it off lol.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
My 6505+ pops however I turn it off lol.

I've never had that issue in any of the ones i demo'ed... Do you have any pedals or some sort of booster going when you turn it off? I know if my eq pedal is on it will make a weird static noise unless i turn off the amp first let it sit for a minute then turn off the rack setup which kills the EQ.
Quote by weetadsftw
how loud is this pop u speak of?

Its loud enough to scare the hell out of you if you have your volume up pretty high and forget to hit standby first ill tell ya that much lol

Also depends on were you have the volume set and somethings that doesnt make a difference its still loud lol
My point was basically that you don't NEED to go to standby when turning off your amp.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.