Okay, I made a thread on here talking about installing a floyd.

I figured, based on the responses that i'd buy a guitar with a floyd already installed, and get to grips with it.

I would like a £200ish guitar, but nothing too "pointy". As close to a strat as possible...trouble is actual floyd rose strats have been discontinued....

Any help?
Now and Zen.
Under no circumstances should you buy a floyd equipped guitar for that little money. There is simply no way to get one with a halfway good floyd in that price range. The cheapest guitar with a double locking trem to think about is the Ibanez S320. I think that one is around 350 pounds.
To get a decent locking trem, you'll need to spend a decent amount on the guitar. Or else you're very likely to end up with a rubbish tremolo, with horrible tuning stability, and various other issues.

A Schecter Hellraiser is one way to go, as Schecter FTW said, but if you're in UK you'll know they're notoriously hard to get, without importing one , so I suggest Ibanez or Jackson, both of which make models with FRs.

Jackson do some with OFR, some with LFR, and their LFRs are generally of good quality.

If you choose Ibanez, don't get an Edge III or Edge Pro II, though there's some dispute on the quality of these (Pretty bad IMO, worth getting an Edge Pro, they're the best of the Edge series, though that's just my opinion again).
Quote by Zander155
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR.

That's quite a bit more expensive than what he's looking at.. even used.

You might be able to get a used Jackson Dinky or something for around 250 quid, not sure about how much they go for used on that side of the pond, though.
Quote by Badmotorfever
Okay, I made a thread on here talking about installing a floyd.

I figured, based on the responses that i'd buy a guitar with a floyd already installed, and get to grips with it.

I would like a £200ish guitar, but nothing too "pointy". As close to a strat as possible...trouble is actual floyd rose strats have been discontinued....

Any help?

Amen to what everyone said, If you want a floyd then forget about them until you've doubled your budget. You won't get a worthwhile floyd type for much less than £400. If you just want a floating bridge then the Ibanez S series is what you shpuld be looking at, feels a little different to a Floyd but it's still a good bridge.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-s-470/10988
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
That's quite a bit more expensive than what he's looking at.. even used.

You might be able to get a used Jackson Dinky or something for around 250 quid, not sure about how much they go for used on that side of the pond, though.

Yeah, that sounds about right, in the UK. A Jackson DK2 firsthand is £369 off GAK: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-2/10964 They're good quality, come with the Jackson lo-profile LFR and it's a reasonable price. Doesn't even double the budget here.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at May 30, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman
Under no circumstances should you buy a floyd equipped guitar for that little money. There is simply no way to get one with a halfway good floyd in that price range. The cheapest guitar with a double locking trem to think about is the Ibanez S320. I think that one is around 350 pounds.

agreed. that new bc rich gunslinger might be worth a look too, i think it's going to be a similar price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?