Ok Right now I still have just a little 10w amp, and I want something that is considerably big like 50w. but I don't know what to get not a big amp person.

I play:
Pantera
Damageplan
Slayer
Metallica
And other heavy metal

and I play a little sex pistols very little

what Kind of an amp can I get for $500
are you gigging?

not that i know much about high gain amps but itll help people

look at: bugera, POSSIBLY a used 5150 if youre lucky
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by electricdeath
No just more of a large practice amp

30 watts will be fine for a practice amp that moves more air than a 10 watter but doesn't need to gig. But with $500, I'd be looking at something more than just a "large practice amp". Used Bugera, maybe?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
30 watts will be fine for a practice amp that moves more air than a 10 watter but doesn't need to gig. But with $500, I'd be looking at something more than just a "large practice amp". Used Bugera, maybe?

no way I would buy a Bugera used at this point, that's an amp where you DEFINITELY want the warranty.

I might even look at used SS too in that budget. A used Randall RG100ES should handle most of that.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i know everyone rips on them, but if you play slayer, pantera, etc, you should check out the Marshall MG. you can get a 100 watt amp for about 500$, so i'm guessing that a 30-50 watt won't be too costly. i have had my 1/2 stack for about three years and have never had a problem. every one rips on these amps, but they are, IMHO, the best "bang for your buck" amps out there. you can get a really scooped out tone on the dirty channel with the contour knob. check 'em out. chances are that your local guitar store will have some kicking around.
Quote by Jhachey22
i know everyone rips on them, but if you play slayer, pantera, etc, you should check out the Marshall MG. you can get a 100 watt amp for about 500$, so i'm guessing that a 30-50 watt won't be too costly. i have had my 1/2 stack for about three years and have never had a problem. every one rips on these amps, but they are, IMHO, the best "bang for your buck" amps out there. you can get a really scooped out tone on the dirty channel with the contour knob. check 'em out. chances are that your local guitar store will have some kicking around.

I'm willing to bet that his current practice amp is a 10-watt MG, in which case, your suggestion will sound the same, except it'll be a little louder and more expensive.

My vote goes for a Bugera, or a 5150 if you're lucky to find one used in that range.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Erock503
no way I would buy a Bugera used at this point, that's an amp where you DEFINITELY want the warranty.

I might even look at used SS too in that budget. A used Randall RG100ES should handle most of that.

+1

A Randall SS is going to be your cheapest options. As Erock mentioned the RG100ES and theres the RH100, Warhead and RG200... All great amps and they can hold there own when it comes to metal.

Other options are Used 5150 (but not the best choice for those bands), XXX, Ultra Plus, Marshall VS100, Randall RG50TC or Crate Blue Voodoo
I would get a small tube combo like the RG50TC. I have a Marshall MG100DFX and I hate the distortion on it and I ready to switch to tube.
Randall RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator