I'm looking to spend about £200-£300 on a tele, but I don't think I can afford a Fender tele and was wondering if Squiers are any good? I play in an indie alternative rock band and the other guitarist has a fender tele already, is it wise to get the same even though I think they sound good, if not then what else should I buy?
Tokai Love Rock (Les Paul)
Valeta Acoustic

Line 6 Spider II 75
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Zoom 606

Please Visit My Bands Myspace

www.myspace.com/thechoiceswemake
The upper end squier teles are actually quite nice.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I play this sort of stuff, http://www.myspace.com/thechoiceswemake I want to get rid of my Tokai Love Rock, cos it doesn't sound as good as I thought it did when I bought it. I play rhythm guitar mostly. The other guitarist has a fender tele, but i dont know weather or not to get the same, or get something else. I use clean, distortion and overdrive when playing. Just need a bit of guidance on what to get to sound much better.
Valeta Acoustic

Line 6 Spider II 75
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Zoom 606

Well Teles are fairly versatile. But as long as it's a high-end Squier Tele it should do fine IMO.
Quote by Greggles
I play this sort of stuff, http://www.myspace.com/thechoiceswemake I want to get rid of my Tokai Love Rock, cos it doesn't sound as good as I thought it did when I bought it. I play rhythm guitar mostly. The other guitarist has a fender tele, but i dont know weather or not to get the same, or get something else. I use clean, distortion and overdrive when playing. Just need a bit of guidance on what to get to sound much better.

A tele's not going to sound good through your Spider, either. They're bad amps in the first place, but they're awful for indie.

What about getting a Laney LC15?
Yeah I know my amps rubbishy, but I don't have enough money for both things. Unless I try and get the guy in the music shop to give me a good deal cos I'm buying a guitar and amp.
Valeta Acoustic

Line 6 Spider II 75
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Zoom 606

From my experience,love rocks are pretty solid guitars, try looking into a new amp, and see if you like your tone better.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
From my experience,love rocks are pretty solid guitars, try looking into a new amp, and see if you like your tone better.

I concur. Tokai's are solid guitars. The Spider is the weakest link here IMO.
Quote by Greggles
Yeah I know my amps rubbishy, but I don't have enough money for both things. Unless I try and get the guy in the music shop to give me a good deal cos I'm buying a guitar and amp.

In terms of what affects your tone more amp > guitar. By a lot. Either way, the Tokai's a nice guitar and the spider's a piece of crap.
i say you should get a fender instead of a squier because you would be much happier with it.
Guitars: Ibanez RG Series Jewel blue.
Fender Stratocaster Brown Sunburst Maple fretboard.

Amps:
Marshall 15W
Peavy 15W
crate
Crate Head

Wish list.
Future Guitar: Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS Electric Guitar.
The guy in the shop said I could get a Fender Tele Standard for £199 second hand. Is it worth changing one or both of the pickups to seymour duncan vintage stacks for £60 - £70, and if I change one, which is best to change for a rhythm guitar player, neck or bridge? And I cant get about £150 for the Tokai.

On the amp issue I am thinking of getting a Fender Frontman 65 Guitar Amp combo, is this any good, for around £140 and how much could I get for the spider?
Valeta Acoustic

Line 6 Spider II 75
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Zoom 606

Last edited by Greggles at Jun 2, 2008,