Im going to put a new pickup in my old acoustic, and I had posted this in the acoustic thread, but I dont think they like electrifying acoustics over there, so now I turn to yall. What is the best under saddle acoustic pickup?
I hear Dean Markely's are good. Maybe give them a try?
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Do you mean "best" or do you mean "best that isn't really expensive"?

I really like acoustic amplifying systems that have more than pickup, aka the $80 Dean Markley West Coast La Jolla or the $170 Dean Markley West Coast Trilogy which use 2 and 3 different pickups, respectively.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
IMO, B-band makes the best undersaddle pickups. Most undersaddle pickups are peizo transducers which are thin and tinny but the b-band UST uses condiser film which gives you sound that is more like a microphone. Even better than the UST is the AST. It's a larger condinser film that mounts on the bridge plate. This thing is so sinsitive that you can sing into it and it'll pickup your voice. The larger sensor gives you a fuller sound and having it mounted on the bridge plate helps filter out string buzz.
Not taking any online orders.
Yep B band are great.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Well B-Bend pickups are extremely hard to find here in Texas. I just called a couple of dealers and they said they are backordered on them.

How are the Martin Thinlines? Specifically the Thinline 332? I would assume that since its from Martin its a decent product.

Now mind you, I dont need perfect, just something to hold me over until I get a new guitar, then my old one will become a backup.
I've got some B-Band pickups on hand if you are interested.

If you can't find a B-Band then I'd suggest an LR Baggs undersaddle or the La Jolla that was suggested earlier. I've used both several times and have been really happy with them.

I can't tell you about the martin thinline specifically, but I can tell you that I've never heard a martin pickup that I thought was worth having.
^it's pretty easy. Basically just drill a hole and shave a bit off the saddle.
Ok cool. Well I ordered the Dean Markley UST today. The one that comes in the La Jolla set but without the soundhole pickup cause I want to see how well it sounds. Plus I have never really liked the look of the soundhole pickups. But it does have the ability to add one later on if I feel it needs more. Plus its the passive version, I think, so I shouldnt have to mount in a battery which is good in my book.