Page 1 of 2
ok so im going surfing tommorrow morning for the first time since last summer, and the water is still about 60 degrees. i don't have a wetsuit at the moment. all i have is a rashgaurd that is too small for me. i also don't have a lot of meat on my bones so i get cold really easily. so pretty much i'm gonna be freezing my ass off and i was wondering what are some ways to keep warm in the water.

i plan on just moving around a lot and drinking like hot chocolate before maybe?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
The only thing that will keep you warmer is wearing a Rashvest then Put a wet suit over the top, the only things you can do mate.

Drinking Hot Chocolate before would help a bit, give you a bit of energy in the form of Sugery goodness : )
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Pissing in the sea, and lying in it.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Pee, you must.
"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka
Drink ALOT of water. When you get cold, pee and rub it on you.

Rinse and Repeat as needed
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by filthandfury
Cover yourself in whale semen.

that doesn't work, ad you smell for weeks
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
doesn't drinking some kind of alcohol help you or something? i see a lot of people having alcohol when skiing
well the rashguard will help so where it. and when it hits 58 i start bareback surfing so im used to cold water. but if the air is also cold the water wont feel bad so when your out waiting for a wave stay laying down on your board dont sit on it
Quote by Dr.Jazz
that doesn't work

Lolz, you just had to test it out didn't you? :p
Damn you Americans still using Farenheit, I finally manage to get my brain working in metric and you Americans need me to still use imperial! Well theres only space for one dammit.
Quote by enalsisiht
well the rashguard will help so where it. and when it hits 58 i start bareback surfing so im used to cold water. but if the air is also cold the water wont feel bad so when your out waiting for a wave stay laying down on your board dont sit on it

ight. you goin out tomorrow?
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
light yourself on fire
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by Grundy0
Damn you Americans still using Farenheit, I finally manage to get my brain working in metric and you Americans need me to still use imperial! Well theres only space for one dammit.

woah your back, howd it go? I havent been in the cancer thread since it pretty much started...

Anyways, buy a wet suit
im not gonna buy a wetsuit. winter and spring are over and the water is getting warmer. im not going to buy it just for one day.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by fenderbassist12
ight. you goin out tomorrow?

ha **** i didnt even realize it was you. yeah im going out in the monring if there is any waves. if not im not worried abut it. i just got back in. its not doing to much so if it doesnt pick up im not gonna go. but it should be waste maybe stomach high.
Quote by andyscoot
woah your back, howd it go? I havent been in the cancer thread since it pretty much started...

Anyways, buy a wet suit

I have no spleen, or hair, but I'm alive and back in the UK.
Gain weight, by eating furiously
The fat will insulate your body
I gained weight and never looked back
Best desicion I ever made
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Quote by enalsisiht
ha **** i didnt even realize it was you. yeah im going out in the monring if there is any waves. if not im not worried abut it. i just got back in. its not doing to much so if it doesnt pick up im not gonna go. but it should be waste maybe stomach high.

nice. do you live on the oceanfront? or close to it
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
i think it's time for a urination contemplation
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by fenderbassist12
nice. do you live on the oceanfront? or close to it

i live on mill dam. but between me and my friend we can always get a ride or if we go early before school we can ride bikes cuz he lives at hill top. its not too bad.
it doesnt look like its doing much today. there is ankle and knee high waves i've been seeing. the North end is flat though so if your going hit first street croatan or pendleton. i think pendelton will have the best waves today. it isnt crowded either. there was one guy off the jetty at first.
Whiskey.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
you could wear a wool sweater, I imagine it would be fairly uncomfortable, but it will keep you warm.

and it has to be real wool, cotton or synthetics won't work and will make you colder when they get wet.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Your going to need a wetsuit regardless, the better quaility the better...a rash VEST not guard, will not keep you warm at all...keep paddling around to stay warm
smear lard all over you

or goose fat

true story it works apparently
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
no marathon swimmers used to do it http://www.safewatersports.co.uk/MarathonSwimming.html

Lubrication
As the marathon swimmer has no wetsuit to keep them insulated against the cold, they must use plenty of lubrication. This lubrication also helps avoid underarm of inner-thigh chafing.

When the first person swam the English Channel in 1875 they were slathered in porpoise fat. Goose fat is the mammal fat of choice these days, but more often swimmers opt for a specially prepared grease. The Channel Swimmer’s Grease, for example, is a 50/50 mix of lanolin and Vaseline.
haha while im sure the lubrication of fat would help, i dont see that being practical or even feasible for a few hours of surfing. and the water is getting up into the mid 60s and there is always some guys out there barebacking, you should be fine
actually lol, you wouldnt be able to stay on your surfboard haha
I know you said your not getting one, but why don't you just get a wetsuit. Won't you use it at different times of the year anyway? For during spring/autumn time.
yeah if you want to go out more so in the winter and spring next year id get one, but gettingone now wont benefit you much. you may get a week or two out of wearing it, and if you grow any between next year it will be wasting money. but the end of summer if you get a get 3/2 mil wetsuit with boots you could stay out til december and get back in in march.
Quote by enalsisiht
yeah if you want to go out more so in the winter and spring next year id get one, but gettingone now wont benefit you much. you may get a week or two out of wearing it, and if you grow any between next year it will be wasting money. but the end of summer if you get a get 3/2 mil wetsuit with boots you could stay out til december and get back in in march.

Yeah that would work. Depends on how cold the water gets around where you live. I have to use a 5 mil winter wetsuit all year round. I can cope without gloves in summer but the rest of the time I need them, and boots. Once, I even went out in January but wore a hood. Needless to say, the result was quite amusing to see.
Page 1 of 2