my parents got two of those digital TV converter box things, and my mom can't figure out how to get it to work. i searched google, but i didn't really find anything. the instructions that came with it tell nothing. anyone know how to set it up?
If it converts Digital to analog it wouldn't until the whole 2009 tv thing, since there is no digital to convert it's already analog

And as far as I know there is no such thing as a converter to convert analog to true digital due to the fact that it's broad casted in different frequencies.. Thats just my 2 cents
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Last edited by tymoo22 at May 30, 2008,
Quote by tymoo22
If it converts Digital to analog it wouldn't until the whole 2009 tv thing, since there is no digital to convert it's already analog

And as far as I know there is no such thing as a converter to convert analog to true digital due to the fact that it's broad casted in different frequencies.. Thats just my 2 cents

really? cause some dude at my church got one and he's already started using it.
Thats what I think at least, maybe I'm thinking of a different device than you actually have?
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by tymoo22
Thats what I think at least, maybe I'm thinking of a different device than you actually have?

The diagram on the box would seem to indicate you plug the cable from your aeriel into the box, and then plug the box into your TV. However, I know in the UK, some older aeriels don't pick up digital.
No idea what there is in the US in terms of free-to-air digital TV, though.
Quote by MightyAl
The diagram on the box would seem to indicate you plug the cable from your aeriel into the box, and then plug the box into your TV. However, I know in the UK, some older aeriels don't pick up digital.
No idea what there is in the US in terms of free-to-air digital TV, though.

yeah, i tried that, but nothing happened. i guess you have to program all your channels into the box, somehow.
I'd assume that somewhere on the net TS, you can type in your ZIP code and check digital terrestrial (edit: spelling?) TV in your area.

Edit: You should try randomly stabbing at either a "Menu" or "Enter" or "OK" button. That normally brings up some sort of menu and usually they have an auto tune feature.
Quote by frottage
yeah, i tried that, but nothing happened. i guess you have to program all your channels into the box, somehow.
Maybe you have to tune the box into a channel on the TV?
Like an input on your tv if it has one or a game channel, usually there is a button on your remote or you press 00 or something
Quote by frottage
a what?

That's what it's called over here in the UK.

An AV channel is an input other than an RF reception.

For instance, SCART, RGB, VGA, HDMI connections could all be known as AV channels.
ok connect to the tv and then connect the antena to the box. have it on the same channel you would watch a dvd on (most likely 3, 4, or some kind of aux channel.). turn on the box, then search for the channels...if your antena sucks you wont have reception for some channels, this is my problem, so I dont use the thing anymore. but it does work now, you can actually watch the channels..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground