Page 1 of 6
As I live in England most of our news and culture is basically dominated by America but we only ever here bad things about you really.

So I was just wondering as you voted Bush in numerous times to the white house and in other high ranking political jobs, is he really the best America has to offer?

I know we have a boring, tight-fisted Scot ever running our country and I am ashamed of that fact.
"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."
- BBC News

End This Fad, It's Gone On Far Too Long
They only voted him in once.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
no, about 75% of the people in the country dislike or hate him, hes seen more as a comic than a leader now, or at least thats how i see things
Keep Strong Grundy

Quote by metaldud536
Milkshakes. They bring the boys to the yard.

Quote by humperdunk
OWNED
They should make Richard Dawkins president.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
He shouldn't have actually won the first time. Al Gore should have won. It was rigged.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
definitely not the best there is to be offered, but what is the difference between a douche and a turd really?
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
we only voted him in once. although in my opinion, he is far better than that piece of **** Al Gore. Bush hasn't done that great of a job, but it seems like at least half the people that don't like him are just jumping on the anti-Bush bandwagon.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I never voted for that idiot

I just felt like quoting you because I LOVE your username.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
No, Bush is an idiot and it is debatable that the first time he was elected was by mistake (apparently Florida had a bunch of votes that were not counted which would have been enough to swing the results) and I believe that by popular votes he lost the last election as well but that electoral BS is killer.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by rockon1824
Twice...

first time was rigged
second time i dont know how that happened after his first term expired he should just have been shot
Are you sure your news and stuff is dominated by America? That is really disheartening, here in Canada our news is dominated by American culture, and I had thought that Europe would be more concerned with more important things than the celebrity life of the latest 15 minutes of fame fad over here.
Saying George Bush is the best thing America has to offer would be like saying Hot Space is the best thing Queen has to offer. So, no.
Quote by rockon1824
Twice...

Once.
He wasn't actually voted in fairly the first time.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Jehuty

This dude?

Looks like him. He's so awesome!

Quote by therealtater
Fixed

There'd be alot of wanking, that's what would happen if he made president.
Bush's approval polls are higher than Brown's...so we hate Brown more than they hate Bush
Quote by Kensai
Looks like him. He's so awesome!

There'd be alot of wanking, that's what would happen if he made president.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think he'd be a good president? I really don't know anything about him honestly, except that he's an atheist and was featured in South Park, where he had sex with Mr/Mrs Garrison numerous times.
Quote by smb
Bush's approval polls are higher than Brown's...so we hate Brown more than they hate Bush

That's true no-one even voted for Brown, but then David Cameron??

Douche and a turd
"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."
- BBC News

End This Fad, It's Gone On Far Too Long
Quote by IzRG350
Nobody I know voted for him either time. Neither did my state.

hell ya. Seattle WA ftw!
The mass media here is very liberal as a whole. Prime example is that the majority Democrat Congress has extremely low ratings, in fact lowest in history, but all you hear on the news is how low the President's ratings are.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Once.
He wasn't actually voted in fairly the first time.

Whether or not you believe the election was rigged, he has still served two terms in office. He was elected twice, despite what the popular vote may have been. The electoral college elects the president, not the people.
North mexico is being dominated by american culture (i mean....people here even say LOL) and that SUCKS.
I really like Bush, he is like the best comedian. Ever.

Oh....he is president....

Bad joke, sorry.

Go Obama!
Quote by rockon1824
Whether or not you believe the election was rigged, he has still served two terms in office. He was elected twice, despite what the popular vote may have been. The electoral college elects the president, not the people.

I'm not even talking about the popular vote.
Look up what happened in Florida.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
I never voted for bush, infact most people didn't. I lost interest in politics after bushes second term so I'm not entirely sure how that one went down, but I know for a fact that Bush lost the popular vote in his first campain...this is actualy the first year I'll be able to vote in a presidential election and I can say with some certainty that I won't be voting for Bush
Quote by Jehuty
Just out of curiosity, why do you think he'd be a good president? I really don't know anything about him honestly, except that he's an atheist and was featured in South Park, where he had sex with Mr/Mrs Garrison numerous times.

I think he's a very smart rational man. He's openminded but not in the way that he accepts every idea thrown in his way, he just rationalizes away the stupid.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'm not even talking about the popular vote.
Look up what happened in Florida.

nothing happened in Florida. you're just mad that Bush won.
Quote by Kensai
They should make Richard Dawkins president.

He's British, you can't be president if you're not American. And we've all seen that episode of South Park - Go God God I + II - if the world becomes totally atheist then we'll get wars over people not being atheist enough.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Kensai
I think he's a very smart rational man. He's openminded but not in the way that he accepts every idea thrown in his way, he just rationalizes away the stupid.

I can totally appreciate that, and I feel that that is something a lot of politicians lack, or should need, that rationalism, but there's something about atheists that I dont like. I'm sure that there are plenty of atheists around that arent like this, but I feel that a lot of them feel like they're standing above people that do believe in God, and if there's something I can't stand, is the filth that religious people get thrown at them purely for their beliefs that shape their inspiration and motivation. Ofcourse there's also plenty of christians that I have my problems with (the same thing about atheists, only the other way around, meaning christians that say **** about non-believers), but that's a whole other story.
Quote by rockon1824
Twice...

No Al Gore beat him, and was screwed by the electoral college and the fact that the determining state so happened to be the one Bush's brother governed.

But it's okay. after 8 years of humiliation, IN SIX MONTHS GEORGE BUSH WILL NO LONGER BE PRESIDENT OF THIS NATION!!
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Kensai

I agree completely, if only he could be a U.S. president. I've heard interviews with him where it seemed like he had kind of a grandiose opinion of his theories, but for the most part he does seem willing to hear and consider what other people have to say. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would get emotion involved with politics, that is to say he seems like the kind of person that would weigh the pros and cons of a certain action and pick the better of the two options without letting his ego interfere with his thought process too much
Quote by freddaahh
He's British, you can't be president if you're not American. And we've all seen that episode of South Park - Go God God I + II - if the world becomes totally atheist then we'll get wars over people not being atheist enough.

We'll see about that...

Quote by Jehuty
I can totally appreciate that, and I feel that that is something a lot of politicians lack, or should need, that rationalism, but there's something about atheists that I dont like. I'm sure that there are plenty of atheists around that arent like this, but I feel that a lot of them feel like they're standing above people that do believe in God, and if there's something I can't stand, is the filth that religious people get thrown at them purely for their beliefs that shape their inspiration and motivation. Ofcourse there's also plenty of christians that I have my problems with (the same thing about atheists, only the other way around, meaning christians that say **** about non-believers), but that's a whole other story.

I think you're being too defensive.

Quote by david_highland
I agree completely, if only he could be a U.S. president. I've heard interviews with him where it seemed like he had kind of a grandiose opinion of his theories, but for the most part he does seem willing to hear and consider what other people have to say. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would get emotion involved with politics, that is to say he seems like the kind of person that would weigh the pros and cons of a certain action and pick the better of the two options without letting his ego interfere with his thought process too much

I'm sure whenever he's "grandiose" is because he knows he's right and has surely had alot of arguments with people who are... not very bright.
he has some of the lowest approval ratings ever. He's constantly made fun of by his own countrymen, and is just generally hated. No, he is not the best our country has to offer, he is, in fact, quite far from it. People however don't seem to care as much if they have someone who isn't fit to run a country running in office, and therefore just vote their regular party and move on with their life. Also, the percentage of people who vote is appalling too, maybe 40% tops of the eligible voting population voted last presidential election. So, in conclusion, no, he is generally hated, and is not fit at all to run this country.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."