Ok...so I SUCK at playing guitar when I'm standing up and trying to move around and get into the music that my band is playing. I've been working on it but I can't seem to get good at it.

any tips on how I can get better at playing more controlled as I am moving around?

and also, I've been wanting to get better at signing and playing guitar at the same time (not just strumming the same pattern of chords over and over).

any tips for that as well would be mucho appreciated.

thanks
Practice
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
find a big open space that you can jump around in. i have a big living room with no furniture, so when my parents aren't home i strap on my bass and jump around.
Shorten your strap as much as you can without looking ridiculous. Tilt the neck up a bit so it's less horizontal.
stop playing sitting down and move around in your room as you practice

you'll get better at presence and you'll get more into the music you're playing
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Jah Wobble, the bassist from Public Image ltd, used to play sitting down cause he couldnt do it standing up.
Quote by Declan87
Jah Wobble, the bassist from Public Image ltd, used to play sitting down cause he couldnt do it standing up.

Also Michael Ivins of the Flaming Lips cos he saw someone else (possibly Jah Wobble) and thought it looked cool.