hey, im changing out my trem, and i was wondering is it ok to leave the strings off for a day without causing any harm to the neck?
Quote by FireandFlames
A day won't really matter. You only have to start worrying if it's like a week.

Why what's gonna happen?
Quote by ps2stony
Why what's gonna happen?

Something about the neck not having the tension of the strings to balance it out causing it to bend or something of that sort.
Quote by FireandFlames
Something about the neck not having the tension of the strings to balance it out causing it to bend or something of that sort.

Lol why hasnt that been on mythbusters yet??
This thread just made me think, i've got a friend who's left some strings off an old guitar he's been meaning to sell. He's had the strings off the gutar for about a month, now.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
This thread just made me think, i've got a friend who's left some strings off an old guitar he's been meaning to sell. He's had the strings off the gutar for about a month, now.

can you post pics??
If you take all of the strings off, at worst you may have to readjust the truss rod.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I don't think it'll have any major effect on the neck though.

Like, it won't be twisted so bad you'll think you're shrooming.
Quote by ps2stony
can you post pics??

No, last time i saw it, i was at his house and he was talking about selling it, so he then went to playing his guitar, and broke a string, so he just took all the strings off the old one, and said "i'll use these for backups, and i'll just get some cheep strings to put on when i sell it."

But it's been a month now, and he just said today, "Man, i need to remember to buy some strings so i can sell my guitar."

I haven't seen it yet, though.
O O

___
Quote by ps2stony
Lol why hasnt that been on mythbusters yet??

Haha, we definately need to request it to mythbusters. If thats even possible? Ha
why would you leave strings off. i dont understand. why not leave em off and just keep and dont play??? you're neck's gonna warp if you leave em off for like more than a couple of days... or a day!!! well good luck. hope your guitar doesnt get ****ed. really. not sarcasm.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
it's not like a myth or anything, the neck has rods in it to keep it straight against the pull of the strings, if the strings are gone, the rods are pulling against nothing and will warp the neck
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
The truss rod will bend if you don't have strings on your guitar. A day wont matter.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
it's not like a myth or anything, the neck has rods in it to keep it straight against the pull of the strings, if the strings are gone, the rods are pulling against nothing and will warp the neck

Well its not a myth anymore you ****.

No, jk.