So I wanted a way to convert my vinyl onto my pc, and bought a Numark TTUSB Turntable, it's awesome, but I've had a couple of problems.

It comes with two RCA leads sticking out of it (red and white) that you can plug into stereos etc.

I'm currently using a surround sound speaker set on my Macbook, I plug it into the headphone socket, and it sounds great.

I don't have a stereo to plug the RCA leads into from my record player, so I dug out a ****ty old "stereo integrated amplifier" from my loft, and plugged the RCA leads into there.

I then plugged my speaker set into the headphone socket on the amplifier.

It sounds aaawwwwful, and it's not just because of the decrease in quality of vinyl, some parts in songs are quite unrecognisable. (The amplifier has so many buttons and crap, I've tried playing around, and it does make a difference, but this is the best I can get the sound)

If anyone has any suggestions about how to make the quality better, or what I should buy to play it through, It'd be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone else has a USB record player, give me tips pleeease.

Thanks
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Theyre great when you get them set up, i have the Ion USB vinyl archiver or something... I dont have a clue how you set your up lol, mine was just plug USB - done
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Are the speakers powered?

As in, do they have their own power supply?

If so, the sound will be distorted because the speakers are overloaded by the combination of the amplifier and the powered speakers.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Ah yes they do have their own power supply, how would I get around this problem?

Thanks for the replies.
Posted By Joth
Quote by BassyJoey
Ah yes they do have their own power supply, how would I get around this problem?

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not entirely sure.

There's probably some way to take the speakers apart and make them into regular unpowered speakers, as with normal hi-fi systems. However, it would involve a lot of opening casing, locating wires etc.

You could either buy a set of hi-fi speakers or continue to play vinyl through your laptop.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Thanks, I might go down the hi-fi route...

If I were to buy a hi-fi, and just plug the vinyl player straight into it, would I still get the awwwwful quality?

I'd still love to use this set of speakers I have, I just don't see how it would be possible as they have a seperate power supply.
Posted By Joth