One of my guitars has taken on a lot of tiny picking scratches and some scuffs around the volume controls. I was thinking of pulling out the fine polishes to remove them, then possibly waxing the body to cut down on them in the future.

Has anyone heard of this being done or tried it themselves? I have some pretty good Mequires wax in the garage that's worked well on my cars.
from my own knowledge, i believe you can sand out small hariline surface scratches. dunno how
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
from my own knowledge, i believe you can sand out small hariline surface scratches. dunno how

I worked a few out with some mild polish, the finish on this instrument is pretty hard though. I noticed some small divets and some fish eye in the factory clear coat so I might wet sand and polish next time I swap strings.

In the meantime I"m going to wax the backside and see how well it holds off the small scratches my chair likes to run on the lower horn.
After having a guitar for acouple weeks now, I have come to realize a guitar is never going to be perfect... for the first week and half after EVERY time I played it I wiped it down for a good ten minutes inspecting every inch. Those tiny pick scratches bugged the hell out of me, I am somewhat of a perfectionist... but you just have to realize pick scratches are going to happen, just don't let it go much further than that.
Quote by nauc
quit strumming the guitar, strum the strings

Oh, how I try. I have trouble not crushing things with my hands and delicate picking isn't in my skill set.