I recently got a PM from Vinni from V-Picks offering me a free trial and offered to send me a free one. I gave him my address and week later, I got it! Although it took some getting used to, i now like it more than a Jazz III. Here's the site: http://v-picks.com/
They're more expensive, but I think worth it. Check it out for yourself

I don't mean to advertise, but I thought that they're truly worth it.
Quote by Chaosinborn
i want free ones

If he sees you posting that you use Jazz III's on the forum, then he might PM you. It was just lucky for me and I love the picks.
Hell those picks look crazy! I am a devout jazz III user now but jeez a fellow Sydney sider reckons they could take a jazz III with only a bit of adjustment to your playing.

If I was sent one and it played well and then tone was as good as it sounds in those videos on the website (nice PRS Santana helps too), I'll walk into my local shop and demand they stock em.

And I think that's really cool that a bloke who supports his product to the point where he is giving out picks out to try no strings attached!
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at May 30, 2008,
Yeah, I think that's sweet. Too bad at the cost though. Boo at being a poor student all the time.
Hmm... I should look at these.
The tortexes are too wide for me, the jazz III's feel weird to me, maybe I should go for something different.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by cts0209
how do u get a free trial?

If you post on the forums that you Jazz III's, he mght PM you. I was just lucky.
I love Jazz III picks. I could play so much faster and better with them when I got them. And I freakin' love doing pinches. They're one of my favorite "guitar tricks" to do. And after months, I'm still using 1 out of 6 of my Jazz IIIs! They barely wear down at all.

One V-Pick Screamer is 4 dollars alone, I could get a 6 pack of Jazz IIIs for that much. Vinny, what would make this pick worth more than the Jazz IIIs? (hope he sees this post lolol)
Quote by Nazo64
I love Jazz III picks. I could play so much faster and better with them when I got them. And I freakin' love doing pinches. They're one of my favorite "guitar tricks" to do. And after months, I'm still using 1 out of 6 of my Jazz IIIs! They barely wear down at all.

One V-Pick Screamer is 4 dollars alone, I could get a 6 pack of Jazz IIIs for that much. Vinny, what would make this pick worth more than the Jazz IIIs? (hope he sees this post lolol)

I don't think the V Picks wear down at all really. They're solid as you like. The only reason I think I'll need to buy more is because i might lose them because they're clear.
I have used the Shredder before.

Amazing feeling for me, really.

Wish they weren't so expensive though.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Jazz III's are the best thing so far. I couldn't imagine a better pick.
I got some good guitars, yo.
the shredder and the psycho look awesome. Especially the psycho. At the moment i use Dunlop tortex medium sharps, but everyone says these are awesome. i really want to try some out.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I recently got a PM from Vinni from V-Picks offering me a free trial and offered to send me a free one. I gave him my address and week later, I got it! Although it took some getting used to, i now like it more than a Jazz III. Here's the site: http://v-picks.com/
They're more expensive, but I think worth it. Check it out for yourself

I don't mean to advertise, but I thought that they're truly worth it.

Which one did you get specifically?
I like everyone praising the jazz IIIs now in hopes of free V-picks.
For the record, I can't stand J3s. Brass picks are where it's at for attack and stiffness.
too bad there is no reason at all for those to cost that much.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Roc8995
I like everyone praising the jazz IIIs now in hopes of free V-picks.
For the record, I can't stand J3s. Brass picks are where it's at for attack and stiffness.

I'm using Tortex Jazz Sharps usually, since normal black Jazz III's slip in my hand.
I've been trying out burning Jazz III's a bit for more grip, and it's okay.

Where do you get your brass picks?
Ice pix make good brass ones, they're at most guitar centers or places online. You have to use them for about a week to oxidize a bit, when they're new they are too smooth and pingy.
Ive been using Jazz III's for ages now, i could imagine how these picks could be better though. They just look like theyre perfect, the bevel and thickness sound great for alternate picking. If i have a spare $10 laying around sometime i might buy a couple, though i wouldnt mind a free one I'd be willing to pay shipping haha
Matt Wilcock got me onto the Jazz III's... Haven't looked back since, I can't really imagine a better plectrum.

The shape of those picks looks quite weird and almost uncomfortable, But I wouldn't say no to trying them out, who knows perhaps they'll feel better to me?

-Paul
Just ordered the Screamer, Small pointed, and Medium Lite Rounded!

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I love my Jazz III, but if someone was claiming to be better.... I would be VERY impressed and would probably endorse if they actually were...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Well Im an acoustic guy now, and from what I saw of the acoustic video he posted, the tone from the standard pick was better. That thick pick on an acoustic just sounded horrid. But oh well, Im not gonna buy em so its just me 2 cents.
meh I hate jazz 3s, and didn't like the standard V pick either, I'm gonna stick with my brass Ice Pix
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Idk, Jazz 3s seem perfect to me. I wouldn't say no to free picks but I doubt they would win out over Jazz 3s. Every pick I play with anymore just feels wrong to me.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.