ive been advised against getting a les paul studio in my previous thread
so has anyone got any suggestions as to what guitar i should i get for $1600 maximum
main style of music is rock
For Rock i Suggest A:

Gibson SG Standard - Great Guitar
Ibanez PGM301 - Also Very Nice, good if you eventually wanna shred to. pups aint to hot
Epiphone Eletist Les paul - Better than Low end Gibsons, unless you want the name
Also try Japanese Companies like Tokai. pm user "Dave_Mc" he knows loads about Them

What Exact kind of rock tone do you want? I find a rather large difference in tone between AC/DC And Pink Floyd, both can be considred rock though.
You should get a Fender Deluxe model Stratocaster =) just because the Rawwk. They're extremely versatile with the noiseless SCN pickups, and you can get the heavier humbucker tone by pressing a cool little button on the volume control. That way you get the lush fender cleans, the great way the fender volume cleans up when lowering, and the humbucker sound.
You could get one bang on at £799 with £1 spare for plectrums.

Have a look at Schecter guitars if you can, although theyre made in South Korea, their ratings are superb, they are set up in America and they feel gorgeous.

You say you play rock.. the heavier stuff or a mix?

Oh and the PGM301 the guy above me just mentioned is an amazing guitar but the looks aren't for everyone.
Take a look anyway.

The Epiphone elitist does seem a very good option as well.
Gear:
Fender Strat American Deluxe,
Halfsize Custom Electro-acoustic
Yamaha Classical
Tanglewood Dreadnought

10w Marshall
120w Line 6 Spider II
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

Yamaha Digital Piano
Yamaha Keyboard
Last edited by ShreddyVanhalen at May 30, 2008,
get a les paul standard? craigslist and ebay
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
what type of rock and what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jackson SL1 or Gibson LP Std. Whatever tone and playability you prefer.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Eclipse II
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I will second the PGM for rock. It will have the balls to sound badass on almost all rock sounds and still have the awesome playability to be able to work the frets Gilbert Style. Covers all the bases in my opinion
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by nauc

that's a very nice maple top... only problem is those elitists are really dear in the UK... other japanese copies (tokai etc.) are generally better value here...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?