Hey guys,

I just bought a Parkwood acoustic electric. It comes with Fishman Prefix Premium Plus pickups. I tried plugging the guitar into an amp and I couldn't get anything out of it. I switched cords and still the same response, no sound. The amps and cables don't seem to be the problem though as they work fine for my electric.

I think it's a problem with the pickups but I'm not sure. It might be a dead battery, I'm guessing. But I'm not a 100% sure about that 'cause I just bought it. Also, I'm not sure how to change a battery on an acoustic electric as I've never owned one. I also think the pickup is a soundboard transducer, but I'm not sure.

Advice please?

- AboveTheBridge
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
Hey guys,

I just bought a Parkwood acoustic electric. It comes with Fishman Prefix Premium Plus pickups. I tried plugging the guitar into an amp and I couldn't get anything out of it. I switched cords and still the same response, no sound. The amps and cables don't seem to be the problem though as they work fine for my electric.

I think it's a problem with the pickups but I'm not sure. It might be a dead battery, I'm guessing. But I'm not a 100% sure about that 'cause I just bought it. Also, I'm not sure how to change a battery on an acoustic electric as I've never owned one. I also think the pickup is a soundboard transducer, but I'm not sure.

Advice please?

- AboveTheBridge

here's a few things to try:
- check battery
- check all wire connections
- check amp: is it on? is the volume up? (you'd be surprised how often that happens)
- check onboard electronics: is the volume up? is there a separate button that bypasses the signal to an onboard tuner?

other than that, i cant think of anything else right now. if all else fails, take it back to where you bought it and ask to have it checked out.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
This is probably a stupid question but... How do I check the battery? I can't seem to find one... I also don't know what type of battery the pickup uses.

I've checked the wire connection, amp (Volume level), and the onboard electronics.

Thanks though!

- AboveTheBridge
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Look at the pre-amp, near the volume/tone controls. There should be a small latch that you depress which will open the pre-amp. The battery will be mounted to the backside of that. It takes one 9V.
It would also help to look at the manual, which should've come with your new guitar or can be found with a simple Google search.
Quote by LeftyDave
Look at the pre-amp, near the volume/tone controls. There should be a small latch that you depress which will open the pre-amp. The battery will be mounted to the backside of that. It takes one 9V.
Doh *Bonks head*

Thanks man . I feel so stupid now.
Quote by TokyoNeko
It would also help to look at the manual, which should've come with your new guitar or can be found with a simple Google search.
Strangely, I looked it up on the official site, and it's not there... Well the acoustic is, but not the acoustic electric...
Quote by soccermom
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

very nice guitar.. great! hope you'll fix it soon..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R