It was either this or my funk metal song (aptly named Stupid), so I flipped a coin.

..Well, I flipped a mental coin; abstract, if you will.

It's not obnoxiously progressive seeing as the entire song is in common time, but I find that there are some elements of it that I can't describe otherwise.

Ten points to anyone who can figure out one of my top two inspirations on the guitar. If the tuning doesn't tell you (C#sus4), then the tapping at the end should do the trick.

I'm a little saddened at the fact that I can't share Anthem (which is a softer ballad-esque composition) or Stupid, but I figure that I can wait a week.

Those little ****s at UCA are slow to add tabs to accounts, so here's an attachment.
Attachments:
bring_down_the_hammer.zip
"Optimism," said Cacambo, "what is that?"
"Alas!" replied Candide, "it is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst."
sounds great... good job
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
Very good for what it is. The rhythm guitar was very simple, but wasn't lame, because you were creative with the lead. All the soloing was very good, and I liked how the second guitar solo switched from metalcore to a more black metal feel. I think it should be a little faster, and that you should pay a little more attention to detail in the rhythm guitar. Spend less time on the leads.

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14433352#post14433352
Crit'ed.

I was going for a somewhat lumbering tempo, since the rhythm is played very heavily. Can you give me some more advice in what I could do with the rhythm, though? I've never been particularly good in that area of songwriting.
"Alas!" replied Candide, "it is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst."
nice solo, but i dont know.. but it's some kind of slow and uninteresting after a while without drums.
i thought it would get faster.. like bt.
the intro really reminded me of bt.. and i was exspecting a bt-ish song, because of your name.
all in all, good job!
i think you'll like my slow death metal song. :]
Made some slight changes:

- Tempo increased from 90 to 94 (which makes a big difference, I think)

- Made the octave harmony in the second part of the breakdown rest on one octave due to the somewhat grating feeling that jumping in between octaves gave me.

- Made minor changes to the solos, some changes more noticeable than others.

I'm still not entirely sure as to how I could spice up the rhythm as was previously suggested, but I made some very small variations at the end of the first solo's rhythm.

I also provided a MIDI for those who lack playback programs.

Thanks for the crits. I'll do my best to return them pronto.

And yes, Mattias is one of my heroes. I love the man.
Attachments:
bring_down_the_hammer.zip
Last edited by Gravenimage at Jun 2, 2008,