I'm having problems playing speedy trills and my fingers can't seem to go as fast as I want them to. Can anyone offer any advice or exercises perhaps?

Trill: "On the guitar, a trill is a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs (which can be executed using the fingers or even using pick tapping), with the rate at which it can be performed varying greatly."
We're System of a Down and whether you wanna F**K OR YOU WANNA SUCK!! THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!!!11~~~~
just practice them with each finger and/or play songs with trills in them.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
just practice them with each finger and/or play songs with trills in them.

Appreciate the advice but that's a little simple. I've been practicing trills for a while.
We're System of a Down and whether you wanna F**K OR YOU WANNA SUCK!! THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!!!11~~~~
Thats what I thought too when I had trouble with trills, but it helps, especially playing songs. maybe try some of these lessons? http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guitar+trill+lesson&search_type=
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
You could try tapping your finger tips against hard surfaces like your computer desk with a fair bit of speed and pressure whenever your guitar isn't handy.

That should help you build up strength and speed for doing trills. Other than that, just practice.
it's probably just an issue with finger strength. Set some time apart in your day to just practice trilling with different sets of fingers. This will help your playing overall as well.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
I'm having trouble with trilling too.
I can do it perfect with my middle and ring fingers on the higer strings, but im having trouble trilling on frets that are on lower strings and the lower frets.
Like, if I trill on the sixth string, my finger will slide offand like bend the string.
and like i said, i can trill fine one or two frets apart on higher strings using my middle and ring, but on lower notes(5th string, 4th-7th frets) i cant trill as well, and on closer frets, ill just hit the other strings and there will be a nasty open string over the trill.
An obvious solutions is practice, but i figuered there wwould be some exercises or something
so, any advice on working on this?
WINNARZ:
NoFX_Fan182
iceman95
Quote by Chazasul
Appreciate the advice but that's a little simple. I've been practicing trills for a while.

Sorry but that's the only way; trilling speed takes a long time to get up to scratch. Brute force is the only thing that'll do it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
A good song to practise with would be the Trooper by Iron Maiden. The harmonized guitar parts in the interludes are ideal.