Page 1 of 2
someone broke my bass, snapped the neck, its unfixable, so the person that broke my bass said he can either give me his bass, not sure what it is yet or give me $280 for it coz thats how much i could buy it for, i had a legacy RB400 bass, should i get teh same one or a different one. once i find out ill post what kind he has
depends on what bass it is...
how did he break it?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yeah, knowing what kind of bass he has would help.

But, not knowing any info about his bass, I would take the money. Considering he broke your neck, he probably doesn't have a lot of consideration for instruments, and thus doesn't know of good brands.

I'm not saying that that must be true, it's just my inference.
The.
im going to get pics in teh next few days of his bass, and he doesn't really play his bass because he has a bc rich guitar. he barely plays that anyway, so the bass might be in good condition. ill get some pics of his bass in 2 days hopefully, or do you mean mine?
He plays a BC Rich guitar.... That pretty much shows he knows nothing of brands. I therefore think i have to agree with ihatechildren unless he had some blind luck and accidentally bought a decent one.

But we will wait for picks. He at least deserves a slap on the head for breaking your bass.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
how did he break it? It isn't very easy to break a bass neck, you have to be doing it on purpose or doing something stupid.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

if he already had a bass yd he borrow it in the 1st place?

also plz get sum fotos of the broken bass
well he wasnt playing it i was holding it

he tackled someone and they fell and hit the bass and the tuning part bent forward and the rest bent backwards
here are some pics

it sadens me to see it like this
Dude, you've got to play these things right. Think like a lawyer. Get him to hike up the reimbursement a little, for inconvenience and emotional trauma. Be like "Dude, you broke my bass, that totally has me put in a spot. I think you should give me $320, at least." It'll help if the rest of your band has your back and makes it obvious that they will kick his ass if he doesn't comply.

I mean, that's what I'd do.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
Dude, you've got to play these things right. Think like a lawyer. Get him to hike up the reimbursement a little, for inconvenience and emotional trauma. Be like "Dude, you broke my bass, that totally has me put in a spot. I think you should give me $320, at least." It'll help if the rest of your band has your back and makes it obvious that they will kick his ass if he doesn't comply.

I mean, that's what I'd do.

well, they are gonna kick his ass, and i hiked up the price $60 to get new strings coz the stabdard ones are crap. its been too long since i played a bass, 4 days. this sucks massively
Quote by metalhead_1011
well, they are gonna kick his ass, and i hiked up the price $60 to get new strings coz the stabdard ones are crap. its been too long since i played a bass, 4 days. this sucks massively

Good man.

Make sure, in the future, the bass goes from the stage to your case. If you've got a case. If you don't, make dude buy you one of those too.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I've only got a soft case, i was gonna make one in woodwork, but instead i played bass, woodwork sucks, but now i got nothing to do in woodwork, so i might make one.
i reckon u shoud take him with u 2 buy a new bass nd choose something above the price range nd then if he says no make him feeel bad :P
but he doesnt know that i hiked up the price, i told him a price that was more then what its worth
GAWD

somone must have been a bit of a porker. and you must have had a solid hold 0_o

you could do a new neck in woodwork?

gd luck getting it sorted either way
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
hes actually really skinny, i don't have enough time to make a neck or the skills, and if i make a neck i wont know how to start it and how to get it perfect, i can't even buy a perfect fitted neck
Keep the broken bass and either use it as parts, sell it, or when you get the cash buy a neck.

And jacking up the price is a good idea, gives you more options and such, nice work

...now lets just hope this kid isn't on UG .
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Holy crap... That break is really bad. What bass does that guy have? And I think I'd get the $320 cause it almost doesn't look accidental.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
You could probably get a G&L Tribute off eBay for that money, which will be a big improvement from your previous bass
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Ts still has not told us what kind of bass his friend owns.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
he owns some sort of phoenix, worth $420 its his brothers, he got it 2 years ago. im not sure what phoenix it is, and i will get photos tomoro, oh and hes not my friend. are phoenix's good?
Last edited by metalhead_1011 at Jun 2, 2008,
you could probably buy a new neck for your bass for way under the money he's offering you, could make a good profit out of this....
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by metalhead_1011
he owns some sort of phoenix, worth $420 its his brothers, he got it 2 years ago. im not sure what phoenix it is, and i will get photos tomoro, oh and hes not my friend. are phoenix's good?

so he wants to give you a bass that isn't really even his to give away in the first place? and also, if he's not your friend why was he holding your bass?

but anywho, take the $ cause im guessing his brother wont be too happy when this kid gives his bass away, lol. If you can get $320-$340 you can get a way better bass then what you had, maybe a used G&L tribute like Insanity^2 said but only if u gte real lucky on ebay.

good luck tho.
Is it a Traben Phoenix? Their not bad basses, but if I was you I'd take the money and get something better second hand (I'm never buying a brand new bass again after what I payed for my Warwick).

Also how did he manage to break the neck like that!?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
^He fell. it said so.

this makes me sad. take his bass. If it's a Traben, it shouldn't be too bad. and it should suit metal quite well.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

i used to think trabens were gimmicks til i tried them. now i think highly of them. i'd take the traben. and btw. i looked at that model. gorgeous!
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
his brother is letting him give me the bass. im not going to buy a new neck, it wont be a good fit, ive looked around for a place to get one but can't get one good enough fit, i am going to take the phoenix. and sell my bass and save up for a new amp.
Take the bass this guy is offering, people seem to think highly of ot. Also, give me the name and address of the person responsible of breaking it so i can go break him in the same way >.<
tell us if it's a Traben! c'mon!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

wow man that break is horrible
yeah def try to get as much money from that guy as you can that's crazy
i'd keep the small piece with the headstock as a momento lol =)
Is the bridge huge? because if it is big, it's probably a Traben.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Really, it is a dealbreaker if it is a Traben or not. If it is a traben, it will look like this:

This is worth around $550, and is a steal if he gives it to you. The bass is very nice, but the bridge is easily dented and very easy to cut yourself with. I am not the biggest fan of the pickups. Either way, it is a great bass that you need to snatch.

If it is NOT a Traben, it is most likely an asian knockoff company that will suck terribly, so you should get the money in this situation.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Jun 4, 2008,
its not a traben, i have it now, its a phoenix brand, its black,

it looks a lot like this but has 1 more fret, and has different volume thingys
Page 1 of 2