Page 1 of 2
I see most people on here that who use IE (me) get dissed for it. What does it matter? It has favorites, a history, and shows the internet, which is all that I really need. What's so bad about it?
It's security is about as good as a blind legless guard dog with no nose.

Firefox or Opera are far better in terms of security AND customisability.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Is not a valid answer.

I dunno, I just prefer Firefox with all the add-ons, and such.
I use it sometimes but most of the time I go with firefox.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Internet Explorer is slower, uses up more resources and is less secure than other browsers.

The only thing IE has going for it is that it comes with the system so people don't have to download anything to make it work.
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's security is about as good as a blind legless guard dog with no nose.

Firefox or Opera are far better in terms of security AND customisability.

That covers most of it. There also seems to be far fewer errors with Firefox than IE.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Firefox is fast.
Internet Explorer is annoying.
Opera's in the middle of those 2, IMO.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
i'm fine with IE... whats the point with customising and using add-ons when all i use the internet for is browsing the web
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Msu_Man04
I see most people on here that who use IE (me) get dissed for it. What does it matter? It has favorites, a history, and shows the internet, which is all that I really need. What's so bad about it?

Everything.

/thread
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Seamonkey>Firefox>Opera>IE

/thread
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by MV4824
Neither is this! (just kidding around )

TS, whatever gets your there the fastest I say... I use safari, it is wayy faster than IE, Opera, and Firefox on my machine.. Try them all to find which is the fastest and most versatile one for you.

Spoken like a true OSX user. :-P
Quote by Phorgot
i'm fine with IE... whats the point with customising and using add-ons when all i use the internet for is browsing the web

Because you can prevent your computer from displaying advertisements, pop ups, and enhance your security. Why wouldn't you want to make your computer more secure?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
Because you can prevent your computer from displaying advertisements, pop ups, and enhance your security. Why wouldn't you want to make your computer more secure?

i could go to internet options for that stuff + i have norton's
its user unfriendly.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I actually use Opera now.

Firefox 2 wigged out on me so I got the 1st release candidate of Firefox 3 and it didn't have half the customisations I wanted, and a load of my add-ons weren't compatible.

Opera on the other hand can do pretty much everything I want without needing a single add-on. It has its quirks, but I like the fact that my tab bar and address bar are at the bottom of the page.
Quote by Phorgot
Theres your biggest security risk right there.

Horrible, horrible protection software.
Quote by Phorgot

Norton isn't a very good anti-virus, it's just the most popular one. And there isn't a single anti-virus that's going to stop your computer from every virus out there. The best protection you can get is from multiple programs, such as your browser, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
norton kept me clean for 3 years now... i guess its doing it's job
Quote by Phorgot
norton kept me clean for 3 years now... i guess its doing it's job

Apparently you're clean. Try downloading a better anti-virus and see if you have anything.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by MV4824
Oh lords, you did not just double post! Just kidding, just kidding..

Norton is pretty terrible XD. I used it back in the day (it still was a CPU killer then too).
I prefer AVG free antivirus... it's free, and it works... good stuff!
I thought commenting on Norton was worth it.

And editing seems too much like effort right now.

I don't know why people choose to pay for Norton when you can get other software that'll do the same job BETTER for free.
i don't see the point in downloading another anti-virus program just to check my comp's status... if i had any problems, its about time they showed
Quote by MV4824
Actually, I'm an LOL WINDOZES user. (ubuntu too :P)
As much as I like Macs, I can't leave windows because of my love for "Acoustica Mixcraft 4"... It's my favourite digital audio workstation and recording interface. Needless to say Safari is kickass!

Can't run AM4 in WINE? Not a fan of Safari. Partially because I can't see/alter the source.
i haven't seen an ad (this includes pop-ups) in about a year. i like the different browsers. i have different add-ons (i can rip youtube videos, take screen shots, have an auto-proxy, stumble button[stumble button is my favorite] and a few other goodies.) you don't need most of them, but they make the internet more usable and user-friendly. the security is delightful, also.
Quote by Phorgot
i don't see the point in downloading another anti-virus program just to check my comp's status... if i had any problems, its about time they showed

you shouldn't wait until a problem turns your machine into a paperweight to protect it.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I dont see whats wrong with IE. Its the default browser and I like it the way it is.

there is not a whole lot wrong with it, except if you like advertisement, but a 5 minute download and you would have a much faster, and fun to use browser.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I dont see whats wrong with IE. Its the default browser and I like it the way it is.

Try something better and then tell me you still want to use it.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by Phorgot

How about those that don't show? Like a data miner that calls home with your social security number and bank access.
Quote by MV4824
Neither is this! (just kidding around )

TS, whatever gets your there the fastest I say... I use safari, it is wayy faster than IE, Opera, and Firefox on my machine.. Try them all to find which is the fastest and most versatile one for you.

I bet you only use it for the "Private Browsing" button Dont you?

...me too
Its probably one of the worst programs to have on your computer (quote of my old Computer class teacher).
firefox is faster, more secure, has add ons, themes, isnt made by microsoft, is a universal browser. Its just better than IE, plus IE is for n00bs who use microsoft programs by choice. Come to the realization that microsoft sucks
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Page 1 of 2