Page 1 of 2
This thread is to discuss war and music with themes on the subject like Rage Against the Machine, or System of a Down. This IS a political thread so feel free to be as opinionated as you want.

I guess I'll start: War sux and the only reason half of them are fought is over money! Most political leaders like Bush use dumb things like "Liberation!" and "WMDs" as excuses! It's absolutely ridiculous.

*btw, if someone already made a thread on this please let me know
the two reasons for war in the world:

money and religion.

War is wrong, I can't believe that we are the dominant species on this planet, yet we act so barbaric. Animals don't have war, they only kill for food or safety.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

money and religion.

War is wrong, I can't believe that we are the dominant species on this planet, yet we act so barbaric. Animals don't have war, they only kill for food or safety.

...........Cause they ain't smaht.
Quote by FruscianteFan77
This thread is to discuss war and music with themes on the subject like Rage Against the Machine, or System of a Down. This IS a political thread so feel free to be as opinionated as you want.

I guess I'll start: War sux and the only reason half of them are fought is over money! Most political leaders like Bush use dumb things like "Liberation!" and "WMDs" as excuses! It's absolutely ridiculous.

"Lolz, I'm so cool because I hate Bush and use the most common attacks against him." This all belongs in the political thread.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
religon is a joke a lie and weak attempt to "belong" to something, money is useful because of economy but its not the reason people would og to war, right no it would be the thing that gives us m0oney, which atm is oil
Quote by F8iscruel
religon is a joke a lie and weak attempt to "belong" to something, money is useful because of economy but its not the reason people would og to war, right no it would be the thing that gives us m0oney, which atm is oil

Prepare for flaming my ignorant friend.
Quote by FruscianteFan77

I think we have one of those already.
The.
Uh!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing.
(Say it again!!)
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by MedicreDemon
...........Cause they ain't smaht.

lol +1
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
well, you know, Bush is an idiot who wouldn't have gotten APPOINTED, NOT ELECTED in the first place if his brother hadn't rigged the election.

The fact that other countries label Americans by Bush sickens me. Because very few of us are actually like that.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
War?

HUH!

What is it good for?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL!?!

DAMMIT!!!!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Your a mis-informed conspiracy theorist. Believe it or not, war's are fought because our country are either threatened by another country, being invaded by another country or fighting a war on another countries behalf.
But oh noez, teh war in Iraq! Wait, maybe the country was actually being run by a dictator who was a bad man, maybe the cost of the war exceeds any profits that oil will make the government, but that means you don't have a reason to be a rebel anymore.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by metaldud536
I think One wouldve been a better example.

**disposable heros from the governments point of view :O

Go 'tallica!

anyway, yeah its pointless. the government spends money to send our troops over to afghan or wherever to die because george bush doesn't want to send the americans (canadian btw) or some ****. It's all about the oil in afghan and hes throwing away the troops.

15 years ago when Iraq invaded whatever small oil country, america had the chance to clean them up but pulled out and now we have this **** on our hands. Iraq should've been done with back then and maybe it'd be more peaceful now.

We'd better write some more thrash stuff to deal with war :P

PS: war sucks
(Invalid img)

Quote by John Frusciante
Huh, yeah!

What is it good for?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Any cannibal corpse for me sums up war..
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
So is thread just going to contain people bitching about things they don't feel strongly enough to actually act on, or are people going to bring up valid and relevant points?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I'm very pro-war and pro-military and I think I'm the only one on UG who is. I just believe in the ancient ideas of war; if they mess with you, beat the living **** out of them so they will FEAR YOU!

I'm not rich, I'm lower middle class and because of theat most of my family has joined the service. 2 grandfathers in WW2 (Infantry, Paratroopers), 1 great-uncle in Korea (Infantry), 4 uncles in Vietnam (MP, Infantry, Chopper), 3 cousins in Desert Storm (Infantry, tanks), 1 brother and 2 cousins in Iraq & Afghanistan (Paratrooper, Infantry). And I plan on enlisting after high school (I'm in JROTC now).

I could care less if you support the war, but DON'T EVER talk **** on our service men and women. They are just doing their job for their country and to protect their families.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
War fuels economy. Creates jobs, kills off people (As grim as it sounds. Rest in peace) . Yes, our economy is **** right now. But remember, the economy is based on a flux. We're in a recession, but we'll spring out of it in a year or two.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Now your just embarrassing yourself.

I'm not ashamed of it, I'm an anarchist.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by FruscianteFan77

If this thread is still alive when I wake up tomorrow, I'll explain in detail why you are an idiot.

Edit:
Quote by Spartan070sarge

money and religion.

And you.
Last edited by Retro Rocker at May 30, 2008,
Quote by Spartan070sarge

you my son just embarrassed yourself on the internet
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by angus is god
I'm very pro-war and pro-military and I think I'm the only one on UG who is. I just believe in the ancient ideas of war; if they mess with you, beat the living **** out of them so they will FEAR YOU!

I believe in ANCIENT war and ancient war only. I say we should get rid of guns and bombs and planes and stuff and go back to sword fighting. Anybody can blow someones head off but it takes skill to sword fight. And the death tolls would be so much less. Yes, medieval warfare is the way to go.
Quote by angus is god

I could care less if you support the war, but DON'T EVER talk **** on our service men and women. They are just doing their job for their country and to protect their families.

O RLY.
Maybe I'm just a flaming liberal, but a "job" based on killing people on someone else's orders seems pretty despicable to me. And protecting their families from what? Saddam Hussain's massive ( ) nuclear stockpile? Teh evil "terrorists"?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
angus is god, you are one of the few on this thread that are making any sense right now.

And to Mr. Anarchy, are you aware that anarchy is virtually non-existent? Do you know how many people say they are anarchists? Everyone who says that just says that because they disagree with something in the government, but they can't think of any way to fix it, so they say establishment is bad. Then, they go further in the depths of pathetic ignorance to support ways of life that are pro-establishment and decidedly anti-anarchist.

If you were an anarchist, I doubt you would be on the internet.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Spartan070sarge

Your just another filthy hippy..damn worthless hippies

Edit Quoting Murder face basically just for the luls of a inside joke
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Last edited by Rizzo228 at May 30, 2008,
Quote by Wayward_Son
O RLY.
Maybe I'm just a flaming liberal, but a "job" based on killing people on someone else's orders seems pretty despicable to me. And protecting their families from what? Saddam Hussain's massive ( ) nuclear stockpile? Teh evil "terrorists"?

Do I hate war? Yes. But that's just ignorant. Take away armed forces, and you wouldn't be here. Any country would jump on the bait to take over this gigantic piece of land. We have a lot of resources here (that's why we are a world power). I don't think anyone actually enjoys war. I'm a hippie to the extreme, but not supporting our armed forces is wrong, imo.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Quote by Rizzo228

LOL. That ironic because if hippies lived in anarchy, they'd be some of the first to be terrorized by crime.
Quote by Rizzo228

And you're an idiot. Hippies are all about peace. Anarchy is the exact opposite of peace. I'm quite posative a hippy is worth more than you are.
Quote by MyImmortal
And you're an idiot. Hippies are all about peace. Anarchy is the exact opposite of peace. I'm quite posative a hippy is worth more than you are.

jesus i was just quoting a dethklok saying..watch bluesklok
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Wayward_Son
O RLY.

The previous win you earned with the lyrics just died a fiery death.
Without trained warriors who would stop any invasions from other countries?
And you can bet your ass there'd be invasions. America is a big chunk of land. Plenty of nicely-built cities with only a few chubby pencil pushers to hold the fort
Quote by Spartan070sarge

phail.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by Chris_Parker
angus is god, you are one of the few on this thread that are making any sense right now.

Thank you.

Quote by Wayward_Son
O RLY.

Who ever said they had to kill? What about the cooks, mechanics, MP's, ect? 80% of all service personel never get close to the frontline, they are either working on the bases or working in the States.

Yes they are protecting us from terrorists because guess what? can your mind handle this? They would be home if the terrorists weren't attacking Iraqi CIVILLIANS!
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox