A disgrace to REAL guitar players who are experts at their craft?

There, fixed. We've had just about enough of these threads.

I'd say most guitarists don't give a rat's ass. I know I don't.
not this AGAIN

No more so then Madden is an insult to pro quarterbacks.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
no....its a game..a fun game too..
besides, i think its for those ppl who wish they could play guitar, but cant.
Is GTA 4 an insult to those who work for the mob and go on killing sprees?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The only thing that bugs me is when people think they're pro guitarists because they can play expert. I ****ing love the game though. I don't blame the game either for such stupid thoughts, I blame the idiots who think that in the first place for being retarded.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by neverspoiled
no....its a game..a fun game too..
besides, i think its for those ppl who wish they could play guitar, but cant.

No. It's for people who don't put effort or have the time to learn guitar.
Slash....
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Quote by KetchupLad14
Is Call of Duty a disgrace to soldiers across the globe?

nicely put.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by metaldud536
No. It's for people who don't put effort or have the time to learn guitar.

Wrong; I play on Expert and I'm not half bad on real guitar, and I put a hell of a lot of time in to becoming a better guitar player. In fact, it's helped my sight reading, strengthened my fingers, increased my maneuverability, increased my speed and improved my rhythm.

Not to mention that it's introduced me to some music to which I may have otherwise not listened.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
Quote by lyingfromyou118
Wrong; I play on Expert and I'm not half bad on real guitar, and I put a hell of a lot of time in to becoming a better guitar player. In fact, it's helped my sight reading, strengthened my fingers, increased my maneuverability, increased my speed and improved my rhythm.

Not to mention that it's introduced me to some music to which I may have otherwise not listened.

How could playing Guitar Hero possibly improve your ability to read sheet music? I'm very confused.
Quote by Shredder XXX
no.

any self respecting guitarist wouldn't care,

enough of the meaningless GH3 threads,

seriously

+1

It seems a lot of user here have real identity issues if they consider a god damned video game to be an insult and a disgrace. For the love of God, let it rest...
Quote by lyingfromyou118

But you still play GH better than guitar.
I borrowed GH3 from my friend for a month and a half, and I can play on expert. It's a really fun game, and I actually think I'm a pretty good guitarist (at the real guitar) my self. The problem is when people think it's "cool" and "in" to play it, or when it's "much better" than real guitar.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by Soul-Monger
I finally got my hippowdon to level forty. He learned earthquake.

On topic, no one cares.

I have no idea what a hippowdon is. Stick to the first 151 please?
Quote by :-D
How could playing Guitar Hero possibly improve your ability to read sheet music? I'm very confused.

Not directly, it's allowed me to view and comprehend then react to things with greater ease, speed and execution.

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
I play real guitar, and I also own Guitar hero. It is a fun little novelty every once in awhile.

It just pisses me off when people get smug about playing on expert.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Nelsean
Is GTA 4 an insult to those who work for the mob and go on killing sprees?

exactly what example i was going to use, so i'll come up with a new one.

Is Assassin's Creed an insult to 12th century assassins

Is Halo an insult to soldiers of the future who will inevitably be fighting wars with aliens and parasites
i think it is. personally.
but as one of the first posters said, is CoD a discrace to real soldiers?
Quote by lyingfromyou118
Not directly, it's allowed me to view and comprehend then react to things with greater ease, speed and execution.

Which is unnecessary unless you play with sheet music on hand. I still don't see how red, green, yellow and blue, can help you see musical notes (which come in different forms) with "ease"
Quote by lyingfromyou118

I'm still not getting the correlation. When you're reading sheet music, you have to know your note placement, chord shapes, scales (and their patterns) and your hand positions. In Guitar Hero you have one (maybe two) hand positions and are reacting to colored dots, and I don't believe that could help you read actual notes.
Quote by metaldud536
But you still play GH better than guitar.

Haha, obviously that goes without saying, I mean, it's way easier to make your way through a blistering solo using only five "notes" that rather than running up and down the fretboard and strings.

To clarify, it hasn't increased my ability to read music directly, just increased my comprehension time and reaction speed. Obviously the dots don't correspond to actual musical notes. What I'm saying is, I can look at longer portions of music and comprehend and play them and read further ahead, and that, in turn, is what increases my sight reading. It's not like I just got better at reading sheet music, reading the music with more efficiency was a byproduct of the game increasing my comprehension and reaction speed.

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Last edited by lyingfromyou118 at May 30, 2008,
is a woman using a dildo a disgrace to her boyfriend/husband's penis?

wait ... WHAT?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
no. shutup.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
video games are a hobby, and guitar playing is a hobby. sure, guitar takes more work to get good at, but its no more relevant to reality than guitar hero. theres nothing really to discrace.

inb4 exceptions that prove the rule and people deluding themselves.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by KetchupLad14
Is Call of Duty a disgrace to soldiers across the globe?

exactly.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
No, it's a game, plus it's great at parties.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Rockford_rocks
There, fixed. We've had just about enough of these threads.

I'd say most guitarists don't give a rat's ass. I know I don't.

I don't.
It's just a game. Doesn't give a representation of a REAL guitar players skill, so I don't really care. But, I do care if they think that because they're good at GH, it automatically makes them better than real guitar players. That pisses me off.
okay its not an insult its just annoying that douche bags who play GH think that their will be good at really guitar also and then they attempt and fail and piss me off at the fcking guitar center.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.