Has anyone here ever attended MIT or are currently enrolled? Im a sophomore in high school and Im looking to be an aerospace engineer, and I want to go to MIT, but Im not gonna lie, Im scared.

Anyway, talk about your experiences with this school!
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by bendystraw
it is biased in so many ways it's not even funny.

What do you mean?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
What do you mean?

let me spell it out for you ignorant-types.

M
I
T,

ok? their roofs are made of tin. if you speak incorrectly, you get the sound ten. add it together and get

M
I
T
T
E
N

. these guys are pro-cold, global warming supporters. they want a new ice age so they can use their precious mittens more.
Quote by bendystraw
let me spell it out for you ignorant-types.

M
I
T,

ok? their roofs are made of tin. if you speak incorrectly, you get the sound ten. add it together and get

M
I
T
T
E
N

. these guys are pro-cold, global warming supporters. they want a new ice age so they can use their precious mittens more.

Wow, aren't you clever.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

i went to MIT, but its not the same MIT you want to go to...the one I attended is in Morrison, IL and is called the....wait for it...Morrison Institute of Technology, I got an associates from them in construction technology, because that is the highest degree they offer
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
Why are you scared? Have some confidence kid! Afterall, you will be building our damn rockets to mars if you pursue that field.
Quote by zippidyduda
Wow, aren't you clever.

your eyes are blinded by their lies. how come they have oven mits supplied in the dorms? huh?
Quote by Straplocks
Why are you scared? Have some confidence kid! Afterall, you will be building our damn rockets to mars if you pursue that field.

Haha, thats true.

Im just afraid of the workload and the environment. After all, Ive lived most of my life here in So-Cal and if I get into MIT, Ill be making the transition all the way to Boston. Plus, Ill be surrounded by rich, smart kids rather than the rich, dumb kids you get over here
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

I'd recommend to look at Georgia Tech. #7 public university in the nation. D-1 football in a major conference. downtown ATL with tons of stuff to do, but still feels like any other college campus in a small town.
Quote by zippidyduda
Haha, thats true.

Im just afraid of the workload and the environment. After all, Ive lived most of my life here in So-Cal and if I get into MIT, Ill be making the transition all the way to Boston. Plus, Ill be surrounded by rich, smart kids rather than the rich, dumb kids you get over here

Seriously, PM the user I linked you to. He goes there and he would be able to tell you about his experiences there.

EDIT: Even though MIT is rated higher than Georgia Tech I have to agree with the guy that recommended it (well, at least if MIT doesn't work out ).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Seriously, PM the user I linked you to. He goes there and he would be able to tell you about his experiences there.

EDIT: Even though MIT is rated higher than Georgia Tech I have to agree with the guy that recommended it (well, at least if MIT doesn't work out ).

OK Ill do that, thanks for the info
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
OK Ill do that, thanks for the info

No problem man. Best wishes.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Not everyone who gets into MIT is rich, but yeah, sure they are smart as far as their SATs and such go (and if you get admitted you are on par with them anyhow). Doesn't mean they can't be asshats and total morons outside of their niche. They are not superhuman, believe me. If you want it, go for it.
Quote by Straplocks
Not everyone who gets into MIT is rich, but yeah, sure they are smart as far as their SATs and such go (and if you get admitted you are on par with them anyhow). Doesn't mean they can't be asshats and total morons outside of their niche. They are not superhuman, believe me. If you want it, go for it.

Yeah, you're right. Im sure they are gonna be similar to the people over here with the exception of being smarter than the average cookie. But yeah, Im gonna work really hard to get in, because I really want to work for NASA and design a space shuttle or something cool like that.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

I'm not up-to-snuff academically myself, but it sounds like an awesome place to go to school. I wouldn't really be intimidated; from what I've heard it's a lot more laid back than you'd think.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I know 2 people that are going there now. They like it. Lots of asians, so I'm told. It's no more work than any other engineering program, you just get to pay more and say you went to MIT.

Don't worry so much, you'll either get in or you won't. Cal-berkeley's pretty swell too if you wanna stay in california

****IN RAGE ON (academically).