View poll results: new south park, better or worse than old
funnier
9 26%
less funny
13 38%
wow this thread is gay
12 35%
Voters: 34.
what do you think of the new episodes (season 12) of south park, such as tonsil trouble and major boobage. i think there pretty funny but not quite as funny as some of the old episodes.
they were ok. none really were awesome, but they all had their moments. the Canada on strike episode is probably my favorite.
I personally loved most of the episodes. The only one I hate was the Britney Spears one. It seemed like they were trying to make us feel sorry for her rather than make us laugh. I maybe laughed once through that entire episode.
Internet shortage and Britney Spears episodes... are they using literary as well as popular allusion to be funny now? ... I like it, I thought both of those episodes were very funny. The subtlety is in reference now instead of in the irony (which you're kidding yourself if you don't think it was heavy handed all the way back from season one). It's nice in small doses, let's just hope it never turns into family guy.
They were pretty good, I liked them.
I don't think South Park is getting better, but hell it's better than most things on TV nowadays.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
It's nice in small doses, let's just hope it never turns into family guy.

seeing as how they tore apart Family Guy a few seasons ago in a two part episode, i doubt it.
I really hate how EVERY new episode, since imagination land, has ended in some big reveal where everything becomes clear and there's some huge scheme involved

I miss the early episodes

Like the one where that kid sells Cartman his pubes

^ best episode EVER
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by daytripper75
seeing as how they tore apart Family Guy a few seasons ago in a two part episode, i doubt it.

yet they are relying increasingly on outside references for their humor, southpark doesn't mind being hypocritical, it never has. I didn't say it was likely, but a changing sense of humor in this country is affecting the style of the show for sure.
Quote by aaron6890
the new ones, well quite frankly, they suck, they lost all subtlety to them, and are just pushing the limits of what they can do, and most of the pushing isnt even funny.

the best new one was the internet shortage one. the rest were pretty lame.

+1, the internet episode was fantastic. All the rest, I kind of felt like I wasted my time watching them.

The older episodes are MUCH better.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
personally i don't really like southpark, southpark is more of a humor that takes no intelligence, to understand, i like family guy its much more unique than southpark IMO,family you actually have to think to get most of the jokes, the only reason people think southpark is so funny is because they say **** and **** about every 5 seconds....
A lot of the good South Park episodes are a political/social criticism and would be much funnier if you knew what was going on.

For example the internet episode is a social criticism as well as a well done (IMO) parody of the Grapes of Wrath.

Family Guy focuses much more on shock value and random jokes than South Park does. That being said, I like Family Guy and watch it all the time, but I disagree with what you said.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Caseyizzle
personally i don't really like southpark, southpark is more of a humor that takes no intelligence, to understand, i like family guy its much more unique than southpark IMO,family you actually have to think to get most of the jokes, the only reason people think southpark is so funny is because they say **** and **** about every 5 seconds....

... you think thats bad remember the time i got a fish helmet from muhammed

i never found south park funny, but the new ones are even worse than the old ones.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zeppelin256
A lot of the good South Park episodes are a political/social criticism and would be much funnier if you knew what was going on.

For example the internet episode is a social criticism as well as a well done (IMO) parody of the Grapes of Wrath.

Family Guy focuses much more on shock value and random jokes than South Park does. That being said, I like Family Guy and watch it all the time, but I disagree with what you said.

ya but the things is i watch family guy with some of my friends, they don't get half the show, i mean and every family guy episode i've ever seeen is funny, i can't say the same about southpark, especially after watching that ****ty ass mother****ing christmas episode, some sing along ****....