I've never seen him with anything besides his strat. Like, I like how good ol' slowhand makes it sound, but really does he use his gibsons or anything like that anymore?
He hasn't used anything as his main guitar except a Strat since Jimi Hendrix died.
"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
for a might-have-been has never been, but a has was once an are."

he uses a non fender guitar every time he plays acoustic. It's always a Martin.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
he only started using strats primarily in like 72 or 73, his favorite guitar is actually a les paul
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
he used his gibson ES335 in a concert i think in hyde park in the 90s. he used that guitar in the album From the Cradle.

also he uses acoustic guitars from Martin. in his 2001 Reptile tour, he used his gibson (iono the model) jazz guitar for some songs like reptile too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
he used his gibson ES335 in a concert i think in hyde park in the 90s. he used that guitar in the album From the Cradle.

also he uses acoustic guitars from Martin. in his 2001 Reptile tour, he used his gibson (iono the model) jazz guitar for some songs like reptile too.

You can see him using the ES-335 here, if you don't believe him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5eBZeqmH2Q

The only guitar I've seen him use other than his Strat recently on videos were either his acoustics (Martins of course) or the ES-335.
Quote by spiderjerusalem
he only started using strats primarily in like 72 or 73, his favorite guitar is actually a les paul

If it were his favorite, why would he have played the Strat pretty much exclusively for over 30 years???

I really don't think it's an endorsement... do you really think Clapton needs endorsement money?

By the way... There's already a Clapton thread.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by Thefallofman
If it were his favorite, why would he have played the Strat pretty much exclusively for over 30 years???

I really don't think it's an endorsement... do you really think Clapton needs endorsement money?

By the way... There's already a Clapton thread.

bands sell out all the time when they dont need money
its all about wanting money