i have a razorback, but the more i play it the less im starting to like it, and i think im going to trade it in. but, idk what to get.

i was always biased to deans, before i even owned one, but now that ive played the razorback, i just dont like it.

i know ill have to go to guitar center and try some **** out for myself anyway, but im just trying to get an idea of whats good.

i dont want:
another dean
a b.c. rich (already have one)
a double-locking tremolo (although if the guitar is badass enough, i can get over having a trem)

brands that come to mind are ibanez and jackson, but ive never played any of these so i dont know from experience.

so does anyone have any suggestions on what i should get instead?
ibanez s series prestiege if possible
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
dude, i thin i know what your problem is. i used to buy badass guitars and over time they just went blah. then someone sprayed lemon oil on my truckster! seriously dude, lemon oil your ****, like, every other week! itll make all the difference in the world.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
well what kinda of razorback did you get the sh!tty ones that are like 600 bucks or the crapp ones without emgs?
but yea if you were going to get a new guitar get a jackson.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
and oh ****, you live in katy?!?!? i live in clear lake. . .
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
i was thinking about a xiphos...

but idk the reason i dont like my dean is because it just has this "thin-ness" to it, like the strings, that i just dont like.

and ive heard that when you have a double locking trem, you have to use smaller gauge strings.

i tried putting a set of 13's on it and i ended up ripping the spring tension adjustment screws out of the back of the guitar. but that could also be because im just a dumb****.
Quote by theocao
well what kinda of razorback did you get the sh!tty ones that are like 600 bucks or the crapp ones without emgs?
but yea if you were going to get a new guitar get a jackson.

ive got the explosion razorback, with the standard dimebucker pickup in it.
Quote by Neo_Towel
and oh ****, you live in katy?!?!? i live in clear lake. . .

lol cool.

wow i just triple posted... oh well its my thread/

dont ever move to katy. it sucks ass here. its so boring. all anyone cares about is football.
Maybe, you weren't ready for a Razorback so just stick with your BC Rich, kid.

But try a Ibanez in the RG series cause they are simple for kids that are starting to learn guitar.

and yes I'm taking cheap shots at you. I was only kidding.
lol.

well im not a total noob. ive been playing for about 2 years now.

and i dont want a crap starter guitar. i want something badass, which is why i bought the razorback. id rather just get the good **** now, instead of getting something substandard and then eventually getting something better and wasting money.
Quote by Neo_Towel
dude, i thin i know what your problem is. i used to buy badass guitars and over time they just went blah. then someone sprayed lemon oil on my truckster! seriously dude, lemon oil your ****, like, every other week! itll make all the difference in the world.

What does the lemon juice do and where should I spray it?

Sorry for taking you thread TS.
Quote by rainingblood187
no its lemon oil. i use it at work to clean off the bar. ****s badass.

just look in the cleaning products section of your grocery store.

Bar?

I'll probably feel stupid if the bar is something that I know by a different name.
Man why would you want to trade your Razorback in? I'd kill to have one! Just put the effort in to play it and know it's a legendary guitar. But if you must trade it in why not a:

Jackson Randy Rhoads
Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom //Bullseye, Buzzsaw or Camo.
Quote by S.D.M.F.
Man why would you want to trade your Razorback in? I'd kill to have one! Just put the effort in to play it and know it's a legendary guitar. But if you must trade it in why not a:

Jackson Randy Rhoads
Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom //Bullseye, Buzzsaw or Camo.

well yeah i thought that too, untill i actually got one. im a huge fan of dime, and because of that i was totally biased to deans, but now that ive played it for a while, i just dont like it anymore. its not that i dont put in the effort or anything.

and it is a nice guitar, no doubt. there is zero friction on that fretboard. theres just something about it that i dont like anymore, and i want to try something different now.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Bar?

I'll probably feel stupid if the bar is something that I know by a different name.

You condition and clean your fretboard with it. if makes your fretboard like, i dont wanna see greasy, but a hell of alot easier to play. im a totally baby when it comes to my guitars and i like to shred themsevles, naw mean?????
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
ps, dude telling you to get a ZW les paul is a total noob, trust me, been there, done that.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Quote by Neo_Towel
You condition and clean your fretboard with it. if makes your fretboard like, i dont wanna see greasy, but a hell of alot easier to play. im a totally baby when it comes to my guitars and i like to shred themsevles, naw mean?????

Gracias,signior.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Bar?

bar=place where alcoholic beverages are served.
seriously homie, i bet thatll make a huge difference. and like, if your tuning to standard/drop d, or e flat even. why are you using 13's? you probably pick too hard (i used to like, beat the hell out of my **** back in the dizzle). if anything i think you should lemon oil your **** up and throw a duncan distortion in the bridge. fo realz. ive been playing for 10 years and am planning on getting me the exact ax in a bit. just bought a new synyster custom. . .
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic