So are these things the bee's knees like guitar center is making them out to be? They're coming over from Italy (or just came over) but apparently it's a big deal. So are they actually awesome, or totally overrated? I'm thinking about putting together a little stack, and maybe getting a markbass head if they're actually good.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
They're great stuff, really, but their overall quality isn't their big draw. It's the fact that you get such great tone out of such a small amp and cab setup.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
They are great. I might get a CMD 102P these days. For 800 insted of 1300 euros I think that it is a good deal. I need a new amp to do my new dingwall justice.
Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string
Warwick Blue Cab 30 practice amp
Quote by thefitz
But hold on - you're debating on whether or not to buy a bass or keep your house? That's pretty fucking hardcore!
Quote by Sid McCall
So are these things the bee's knees like guitar center is making them out to be? They're coming over from Italy (or just came over) but apparently it's a big deal. So are they actually awesome, or totally overrated? I'm thinking about putting together a little stack, and maybe getting a markbass head if they're actually good.

I was under the impression that the MarkBass hype in the US already died. Anyways, I own the Little Mark II, and it is amazing that you can get 500W from such a thing. It gets worst when you look at the F1.

The MarkBass is pretty good, and the filters are very useable. The tone is definately good and easily competes with some of the market leaders, but obviously not with the upper end of the market. I personally prefer to use my EBS MicroBass II as my preamp and use my Mark Bass as a poweramp. I think the Mark Bass is a bit too nasal when I use it flat with my Fender Jazz. The filters do a good job on getting a good tone, but I prefer something to give me something I like on neutral.

I'm not a fan of the cabs though. I find they sound pretty boxy, which is good if you play nothing but reggae I guess.
They're good. Haven'texactly heard what GC is saying about them. But they're good amps. As thefitz said, they're somewhat expensive and overpriced imo. Also, I find they're are prob. better amps around that price range.

None the less, it's still good stuff. Not a big fan of there 10 or 12 inch speakers though (For there combos)
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I'm saving up for a Little Mark II at the moment. It seems like the best combination of tone and power out of what I've played.
I put them up with the "designer" amp manufacturers. However, if you had enough space, would you REALLY buy a Markbass amp and cab over AccuGroove? Epifani? Eden? I simply do not believe that MarkBass' tone is better, but their overall small size is, once again, a huge draw. You'll get something that "competes with" the aforementioned companies at a fraction of the size.

Keep in mind, though, that Epifani and Eden both make ultralight/compact stuff, too. Just MarkBass kinda made their name off of it. Although that new MarkBass tube head is the closest thing to a tube head I'd ever consider owning.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at May 31, 2008,
I have the Markbass 102 Combo, essentially their Little Mark II on their 2x10 cabinet. It is amazing, well worth the price. Almost every gig I've played at, the combo has received praise by the man at the soundboard. It weighs around 40 lbs, and puts out 300W! I like the sound of GK Neo 112 on it, so I put out 500 clean watts, at about 70lbs. I can not recommend these amps enough. The VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator, or something like that) filter gives me an incredible vintage and very punchy tone. There is no muddiness about this amp. The amps are anything but cheap, but they are really worth the price. I could not be more satisfied with it. They are truly the "bee's knees."