to use my Peavey TKO 115 as a head, and ran a cable out the back into a cabinet?

my bass amp has an output on the back that is a 1/4 jack and you can run it to PA systems or whatever you want...but could i use the amp as a head, and run a cable to the cabinet? and get power from both of them at the same time?

and if so, what cab would you suggest?

thanks!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
anyone?..ha

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
So, what you could do is run a cable from your amp's output to the speakers in a cab(instead of the speaker in your amp), depending on if your amp is powerful enough to run more than one speaker.

No offense, but it doesn't sound like you really did any research, and I know that there's some pretty easy stuff to find, so look some stuff up, and then decide if you personally can do it.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
i know a bunch of stuff bout amps and guitars and drums and all...but all the ohms stuff and what a speaker can support and amps and all that confuse me...i dont know....

that is why i asked..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
ok, but regardless, there's some pretty easily located info out there, you just gotta do a little looking.

I can't say really at all what your amp can support, or what cab you should look into, all I know is that what you're talking about is possible.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
The TKO specifically splits the signal between the internal speaker and an external speaker when you plug another cab into the speaker out jack in the back. So the speaker in the combo will keep playing and the new speaker will play, and you will get more wattage. Connect an 8 ohm speaker to it, it already has an 8 ohm speaker inside, this will drop the total load to 4 ohms.

If you want to destroy your tko and remove the amp from the built in speaker, you'd have to do a little rewiring to achieve what you want. But frankly, it doesn't really have giggable wattage so I don't know why you'd want it for a little stack anyway.
idk where to start a new forum but i need a little help also in this same area i have a crate mx65r its 65 watts and it has a speaker output jack and i have a pa speaker thats 8 ohms and im pretty sure that the built in speaker is 8 ohms also but what i am wondering is i tried it and it all works it doesn't really lose any volume its louder because theres two but is this bad for the amp it seems like its too much power thats doubling its loud and its the same ohms

also the external speaker doesn't sound as good its like higher and not in a good way its like when u boost the shape so its like mid high which is not a pleasing sound to me it doesn't really matter because this is just for the drummer so he can hear me a little better but im just wondering is that because of the output jack or because its a pa speaker and its three way should i disconnect the tweeter and the cone