well soon enough im hopefully getting a jackson rr3, so, taking the advice of the good people in the electric guitar forum, i thought id start hunting for a new amp.

im only lookin for a 30 Watt amp, as im sure it would be loud enough . ive found one that i rather like, the Orange Crush 30R. is this amp any good?

http://www.guitar.co.uk/amplifiers/electric/525-crush_30r_guitar_amplifier

i play mainly rock and metal, from My Chemical Romance and Green Day to Trivium and BFMV, and hopefully some children of bodom when im good enough .

thanks in advance for any replies and advice .
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I'm not the most knowledgeable about amps but I know that the orange crush won't be able to handle higher gain music such as BFMV and Trivium but, on your gear list you have a digitech metal master listed which I'm sure you could combine with the amp to get a higher gain metal tone. Orange amps are generally good for rock music so, even though i don't like MCR and Greenday, I think you should be able to get a good tone for them using the amp.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by nikhil101
I'm not the most knowledgeable about amps but I know that the orange crush won't be able to handle higher gain music such as BFMV and Trivium but, on your gear list you have a digitech metal master listed which I'm sure you could combine with the amp to get a higher gain metal tone. Orange amps are generally good for rock music so, even though i don't like MCR and Greenday, I think you should be able to get a good tone for them using the amp.

yep, i hope that will work lol. my current amp is crap, and the metal master really makes it alot better.

Quote by cornmancer
What's your budget?
B-52 maybe. Can do the heavey stuff without a **** pedal and is versitile enough to achieve the other sounds.
Quote by Horlicks
Don't get the crush, sell the Death Metal when you buy a decent amp

its not a death metal lol. tis a metal master...difference .

and what are

http://www.projectmusic.net/line-6-spider-iii-30-2198-p.asp

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Guitars/Electric_Guitars/Guitar_Amps/Speaker_&_Amp_Combos/p189.aspx

they like?

Quote by cornmancer
What do you have to spend? Look at a Roland Cube, all of those are pretty crap but the Cube is a bit better IMO. It has enough distortion for most metal.
Quote by Horlicks
What do you have to spend? Look at a Roland Cube, all of those are pretty crap but the Cube is a bit better IMO. It has enough distortion for most metal.

well technically i dont have anything to spend at the moment. but im willing to spend up to about £120.

EDIT: the roland looks quite good. i expect its got more settings and stuff than the orange?

Quote by cornmancer
Well the Orange is just a two ''channel'' amp with reverb, the Cube is modelling so you can get a lot more sounds out of it.
Look at the cube 30 and microcube
Last edited by Horlicks at May 31, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
Well the Orange is just a two channel amp with reverb, the Cube is modelling so you can get a lot more sounds out of it.
Look at the cube 30 and microcube

i looked at the cube 30x, which has 8 different settings and modes and stuff....

Quote by cornmancer
trying to get some insight on this mini stack, (marshall mgl 15ms-ll) I've heard it played on you tube, it sounds good over the computer, but I know the specs are a 15watt head, with the 2 cabinets, does that make it 30 watt total?, the overdrive sounds great, I'm just wondering in your opinions, would this be an amp for just practice, or can you actually gig with it, can it hold up with a band, (drummer etc...) or does it not have enough uummph--

thank all

don Lee
Last edited by donleejr at May 31, 2008,
Quote by donleejr
trying to get some insight on this mini stack, I've heard it played on you tube, it sounds good over the computer, but I know the specs are a 15watt head, with the 2 cabinets, does that make it 30 watt total?, the overdrive sounds great, I'm just wondering in your opinions, would this be an amp for just practice, or can you actually gig with it, can it hold up with a band, (drummer etc...) or does it not have enough uummph--

thank all

don Lee

What amp is it? It will push out 15 watts no matter how many cabs you use
Quote by donleejr
sry-- it;s the marshall mg 15 ms-ll mini

I don't think that would be loud enough. Practically everyone on UG is going to flame them anyway. How much do you have to spend and what kinda music do you play?
Spider 15 watt, lulz

.....no

Probably either the same thing the OP wanted(mesa boogie dual rectifier) or a REALLY REALLY SUPER good modeling amp where it sounds super real, since it will have many many different sounds(I dunno if there are any really really good though...)
mate...youre doing it wrong.

none of my guitars are worth more than my amp. and with cheap gear i have awesome tone.

youre skimping on the amp. swap the budget, go for a peavey valveking or a bugera or something, sell stuff if you want, THEN look for a new axe
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by MrCarrot
Master of all things Laney?

More like a cock.

hmmm, MrCarrot, thats got me thinking.

just how much of a ****?

like, can you provide a diagram of some sort? that'd be really helpful

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'd say on a scale of one to cock, he'd garner something around the:

Region.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
hahahaha. dont be nasty

and thanks for the SS laney advice.

Quote by cornmancer