Poll: Which pick up is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pick up is better?
Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6
10 71%
Seymour Duncan Invader SH-8
4 29%
Voters: 14.
So i have been looking at these two pick ups for a while and i still cant decide which one i want to get. let me know which one you think is best.
cheers

ok good questions, i should have put the answers here at the start.
1. am playing through a fixed bridge super strat type of guitar, and this is where the pick ups will go, in the bridge. it runs through a whammy and sum distortion pedals then into a vox AC15.

2. im looking for a distortion to play all rock songs. including coheed and cambria, yellowcard, muse, blink 182, marilyn manson, wolfmother and white stipes.

i prefer a bit more of a treble tone, a little bit trashy. pls help

cheers
Last edited by jeordie1 at Jun 2, 2008,
They're practically opposites, Invader is nothing but low end sludge, Distortion is treble heavy.

What guitar do you have, what amp do you have and what kind of tone are you looking for?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I like the invader personally, but its up to you
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I wouldn't get either of those mate. as the seagull man said (and he's worth listening to), they're pretty much opposites, and neither are that pleasing to MY ears. I own an invader, and it's too bass-heavy by far. look for something a bit better balanced, like a dimarzio breed.
Quote by ultrablue
I wouldn't get either of those mate. as the seagull man said (and he's worth listening to), they're pretty much opposites, and neither are that pleasing to MY ears. I own an invader, and it's too bass-heavy by far. look for something a bit better balanced, like a dimarzio breed.

+1
They are also both very high output. Which isn't as much of a good thing as a lot of players make it out to be. I would look at something with a little less output so you can hear your guitar and amp's natural tone more. Otherwise really high output pickups tend to over take your tone too much and they are all you end up hearing in the end.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
They are also both very high output. Which isn't as much of a good thing as a lot of players make it out to be. I would look at something with a little less output so you can hear your guitar and amp's natural tone more. Otherwise really high output pickups tend to over take your tone too much and they are all you end up hearing in the end.

Consequentially, high output pickups also allow you to drop down your gain more and get a very nice crunchy sound too. It's really up to personal preference and playing style.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Consequentially, high output pickups also allow you to drop down your gain more and get a very nice crunchy sound too. It's really up to personal preference and playing style.
This is true too, but only if the player actually does drop their amp's gain afterwards. A lot don't.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION