anyone got any tips to make it go quicker?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
it wont go more quickly if you want to do well. maybe come up with a revision plan and then you can swap things around if you feel like studying for one thing more than another on a particular day. with a plan, you can change things, and you wont feel like you have a truckload of work to do.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's

that some kind of fap machine?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's

but to use that he would have to get up to 85mph...
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Quote by chillrock
it wont go more quickly if you want to do well. maybe come up with a revision plan and then you can swap things around if you feel like studying for one thing more than another on a particular day. with a plan, you can change things, and you wont feel like you have a truckload of work to do.

Revision plans suck. All you need to do is think 'alright, I want this, this and this done by this time'. You don't need a fucking time table to do that, I hate putting my life to one.

Trust me, once you're doing six hours revision a day every day, you'll know.

EDIT: My plan is, simply, just do it. Remove all distractions away from you (my sister has all my Wii games and my guitars and harmonicas are in the loft). If you have nothing to distact you, you won't miss anything and have no urges to do it Make sure you're in the right mind frame to revise before doing it (if not, go for a jog, come back to it in 20. Or eat and drink! Make sure you're hydrated and got the carbs going). It's the best way to go
Last edited by Craigo at May 31, 2008,
Trust me, once you're doing six hours revision a day every day, you'll know.

Pah, I've been doing 3 and being thoroughly bored throughout and feeling like I'm learning nothing.

Then again, I'm thick.
Quote by urbanfox
Pah, I've been doing 3 and being thoroughly bored throughout and feeling like I'm learning nothing.

Then again, I'm thick.

If you feel like you're learning nothing then you're doing it wrong. Gaping over information is going to do nothing. There's a line between actually learning and just reading.
I find it best to do a little bit, then have a break...

"Little and often" is the best way!
My mate and I were discussing why it's impossible to remember useful information.

Everyone knows and remembers song lyrics, even songs you hate and you can remember them even when your drunk or if you haven't heard a song for ages. Same is true of books and films - You can remember the story and quotes,etc.

When it comes to useful information - Only the basics are remembered.

I guess one way to revise everything perfectly would be to write songs and remember the lyrics.

If you feel like you're learning nothing then you're doing it wrong. Gaping over information is going to do nothing. There's a line between actually learning and just reading.

I can keep reading over things and nothing seems to sink in. I've tried rewriting notes (which I always thought was a waste of time anyway) and again, I feel as though I've learnt little.

What I don't understand is that I do well in class, whenever we did past papers and essays,etc I got good grades - Generally C or above - But on the proper exam I seem to fail miserably. Last year in geography, all year I got good grades, when it came to it I got an E overall - Admittedly, that was because I failed a module and when I retook it put my overall grade to a C, but it was a module that I thought I did alright in.
The knowledge is obviously there, it obviously doesn't get filed very tidily and I can never find it again
Quote by Craigo
Revision plans suck. All you need to do is think 'alright, I want this, this and this done by this time'. You don't need a fucking time table to do that, I hate putting my life to one.

i have used revision plans to prepare for exams and they have worked for me. you dont have to follow the schedule exactly; you can swap things around and change the times and stuff.

The plan is nothing; planning is everything.

from your profile it looks like you are doing A-Levels. so am i. and i dont find myself needing 6 hours of revision per day. if you pay attention during class and study a bit every day, making sure you understand what has been taught to you, you should not be in such a stressful position.

perhaps you should cut down on the drink?

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by chillrock
i have used revision plans to prepare for exams and they have worked for me. you dont have to follow the schedule exactly; you can swap things around and change the times and stuff.

The plan is nothing; planning is everything.

from your profile it looks like you are doing A-Levels. so am i. and i dont find myself needing 6 hours of revision per day. if you pay attention during class and study a bit every day, making sure you understand what has been taught to you, you should not be in such a stressful position.

perhaps you should cut down on the drink?

I do Maths and was slacking off until the last minute. I'm not the best at Maths either, so I'm working hard for that C.
Quote by Craigo
I do Maths and was slacking off until the last minute. I'm not the best at Maths either, so I'm working hard for that C.

cramming will certainly be stressful. you are doing the second year of A-Levels next year? you have time to pull up your grades. you need a constant level of study per day, it doesnt have to be 6 hours, but a little bit every day will make you understand things better and will make the overall subject easier.

then when you come to revising, you will have probably forgotten stuff but it will come back quickly once you do a few problems, especially with maths. then its just a case of keeping the things you need to know at the front of your head, ready to use in the exam.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by chillrock
cramming will certainly be stressful. you are doing the second year of A-Levels next year? you have time to pull up your grades. you need a constant level of study per day, it doesnt have to be 6 hours, but a little bit every day will make you understand things better and will make the overall subject easier.

then when you come to revising, you will have probably forgotten stuff but it will come back quickly once you do a few problems, especially with maths. then its just a case of keeping the things you need to know at the front of your head, ready to use in the exam.

Cramming may be stressful but it's the only option I've got.

I'm in AS year, and I'll work as fucking hard as I fucking want to. I know how to revise, I don't need you to tell me how to.
GTFO out of the pit and listen to the smart men before me...

Sitting around the computer WILL NOT HELP, dude.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by Craigo
Cramming may be stressful but it's the only option I've got.

I'm in AS year, and I'll work as fucking hard as I fucking want to. I know how to revise, I don't need you to tell me how to.

okay, good luck; with your revision plan, im sure you will achieve that C in maths that you are aiming for.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50