How versatile is the RG 1570 prestige??? i played the S series of Ibanez and i was impressed it can play any style... but is the RG the same? or is it pure metal guita and no chance of playing blues or solos on???
well I have an Ibanez RG 350 ex, and it sounds good for everything especially hard rock and blues. You can also get a very nice clean sound by using the single coil in the split position with a humbucker. The RG series are very versatile, like most guitars. I found a review here http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/reviews/electric-guitar-reviews/ibanez-rg1570.htm
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by turtlewax at May 31, 2008,
I have an RG370, and the pickup switch offers very versatile sounds. It's great for metal, but the clean sound is also very good, it just depends on which pickups are active. I don't think blues and solos is a problem for it. I'm sure it's the same for the 1570, even better. So yes, it can do anything.
the RG is very versatile. i own an RG321MH and its perfect for any style. it's not just for shred, metal or whatever. it depends on the user if he/she is versatile.
For versatility I'd go with a HSS style guitar, don't think there's an RG like that but the SA series would probably be a good choice.
which one would be more adaptive... RG 1570 prestige or , S520EX ????
ps: S 520EX doesnt have a middle pickup.
Hmm I wouldn't say it's that versatile. Humbuckers are quite limited imo. Dunno you'd have to try one really!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
+1 leviticus_22953
i own an RG321MH, too.. i have to agree, it's very versatile.. it sounds great, looks good, and plays really well.. love the cleans, too.. although i wish it had a push/pull pot feature..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I had an ibanez, and honestly it didnt fell right playing blues on. It felt perfect for metal and shred tho, just not blues or classic rock.

I like a blues guitar to have a thick neck. (All My opinion)
Yeah its all opinion really....

I have small hands so i love the thin neck of the Ibanez, just easier for me to play, and I play mostly blues and classic rock.

If anyone says you can't play blues on an Ibanez, get them to have a listen to G3's version of Red House... can do that nice hi-gain style blues very well. Think Gary Moore type stuff.
Adam
An HSH guitar with splits in postions 2 and 4 is about as versatile as you can get.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You can realy only decide for yourself, go and try one at a store.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Yeah, mine do seem a bit muddy. Gotta save up and get me some dimarzio super distortions...
Quote by turtlewax
well I have an Ibanez RG 350 ex, and it sounds good for everything especially hard rock and blues. You can also get a very nice clean sound by using the single coil in the split position with a humbucker. The RG series are very versatile, like most guitars. I found a review here http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/reviews/electric-guitar-reviews/ibanez-rg1570.htm

I got the 350 too, and it's amazing. I got a crappy little amp, and it still kills on everything I want to play. It's a really great guitar.
Quote by steven seagull
An HSH guitar with splits in postions 2 and 4 is about as versatile as you can get.

agreed. with the right pickups it can do most stuff, but it won't be just as authentic for some tones as guitars aimed solely at those tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a RG370DX, and the dist is great but it's clean sound is... **** to say the least.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I have a RG370DX, and the dist is great but it's clean sound is... **** to say the least.

Use positions 2 and 4 for cleans - if you can't get a decent tone that way it's certainly not the guitars fault. With the right EQ'ing you can even do a pretty good fudge of an acoustic tone. Although your amp is a bit rubbish, which is more likely the root of the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hm I'd actually say HSS is more versatile than HSH, but maybe that's just me. A neck singlecoil is the way to go for blues, then you have position 2 for some nice Dire Straits or funk tones, to me a split humbucker sounds like a split humbucker and nothing else. If you turn down the tone on a singlecoil you can get a pretty nice jazz tone. And with a ton of gain, the characteristics of singlecoils and humbuckers kind of blend, although if you still feel there's too much treble you can turn down the tone again to get more into humbucker territory, sound-wise.

So HSH with splits is to me like a HH with a "funk option", more or less.
i dunno, it really depends which you use more, a neck humbucker or a neck single coil. i'd say it's a toss-up between HSH and HSS as to which is most versatile, certainly. to me, for what i play, HSH is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno, it really depends which you use more, a neck humbucker or a neck single coil. i'd say it's a toss-up between HSH and HSS as to which is most versatile, certainly. to me, for what i play, HSH is.

Hehe yeah, you're absolutely right. Just out of curiosity though, with me obviously being an SC-guy, what do you find so appealing with neck humbuckers? Maybe I've missed something :p
higher gain solos, basically. i can't get that tone with a single coil. a lot of shred (and more emotive) higher gain solos use a neck humbucker...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yep, neck humbuckers are needed if you wanna play smooth cutting solos.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
higher gain solos, basically. i can't get that tone with a single coil. a lot of shred (and more emotive) higher gain solos use a neck humbucker...

Hehe ok, well good point. SC's can get pretty creamy though (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBL4YXZ9G4 ), but I do get what you're saying. Cheers!
Last edited by Aziraphale at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?