i need help with what fingers to use for this lick.I'm finding it hard to go back on myself to get to the 12 with my pinky after pulling off on the high e.

Atm i'm doing this...

||-15p14p12-------------------------------------
||---------------------------------------------------
||----------------16p12p11p9h11h12h16----

T 3 1 T 4 3 1 3 4 T

they're the finger postions i'm using at the moment, and i can't seem to get it down. any help is appreciated
Practice SLOWLY. Keep all notes equal length....

and I probably wouldn't tap the 15th fret on the E string (unless its meant to be played that way by whoever). For that I'd just a downstroke then pull off to the other frets.

Your fingering is right for the G string part.

SLOWLY m8. Speed is a by-product of accuracy.
Quote by :-D
Sea of Lies by any chance?

That fingering looks okay, there's a video of Michael Romeo doing this on YouTube, look and see what he does.

Wow! There's someone else I've just discovered.
^ spend some time in the Shred Forum. In the meantime, Guthrie Govan, Shawn Lane, Allan Holdsworth, Paul Gilbert, Frederik Thorendal, Ron Thal, Buckethead.

Youtube em all.

And TS, your fingering is just fine, its just a tricky position shift. I'd recommend perhaps writing a few position shift etudes if you find that hard, or just focusing really hard on that shift. Either way, good luck, and once you have that down it's just memorizing the solo notes.
Quote by Freepower
^ spend some time in the Shred Forum. In the meantime, Guthrie Govan, Shawn Lane, Allan Holdsworth, Paul Gilbert, Frederik Thorendal, Ron Thal, Buckethead.

Youtube em all.

And TS, your fingering is just fine, its just a tricky position shift. I'd recommend perhaps writing a few position shift etudes if you find that hard, or just focusing really hard on that shift. Either way, good luck, and once you have that down it's just memorizing the solo notes.

thanks i'll try that
Left-pinkey-15 fret
Left-ring-14 fret
Left-pionter-12 fret
Right-pionter-16 fret
Left-pinkey-12 fret
Left-ring-11 fret
Left-pionter-9 fret
Left-ring-11 fret
Left-pinkey-12 fret
Right-pionter-16 fret

Now try it that way