Page 1 of 2
Best opensource audio editor on the net.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It's not amazing, but it does the job.
“This was a manuscript of the night we couldn’t read.”
if you want free recording software, you might as well get it, what you going to lose?
By the Way, I'm talking about the one you get when you search Audicity on google.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
It's good, I would recommend it, but if you're willing to torrent then get something like SX3.. it's a lot harder to use though. Audacity you can pretty much teach yourself how to use, it's great like that.
Yes. I use it for comedic reasons.

1. Open an .mp3 file of your choice in Audacity.
2. Duplicate the original track.
3. Select the duplicate track and go to Effect > Change pitch ...
4. Drop it by six semitones (-6.00 in the box)
5. Enjoy your music.
Quote by alexmonty12
It's good, I would recommend it, but if you're willing to torrent then get something like SX3.. it's a lot harder to use though. Audacity you can pretty much teach yourself how to use, it's great like that.

Nah, I don't download illegally and Audicity is a free download anyway.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Well, it depends what you're trying to do.

If you want to multi-track music with better than **** production and access to useful effects and functions, then don't get it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by M.O.P
Nah, I don't download illegally and Audicity is a free download anyway.
If you don't, then you're gonna be hardpressed to find anything better than Audacity. By far the best free software ever. Unless you want to fork out like £300 for something slightly harder to use :P
also good to pitch shift any songs that are in silly low tunings, like drop A, into say Drop D without having to tune your guitar. Might take longer. But it makes the vocalist sound hillarious xD
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
as everyone else has said, it depends what you're trying to do. if you simply want to record stuff from your sound card, it does the job. if you want to record instruments and do some proper production stuff, you're better off buying some proper recording software (e.g. cakewalk, ableton live, pro-tools, cubase (haven't used the last one, but seen its name around)
I love it.

When I can't be arsed to open a big audio editing program like Cubase, and just want to do something simple, I just open up Audacity.
Quote by gratefulduck
i think it's ok, but mine wont save files to mp3. im getting cool edit pro from sony pretty soon. i used it at my buddies house, and it was really simple and had some great features.

www.myspace.com/symphonic explitive

^^^^ done 100% audacity

You have to download the special .dll file before you can export it as an .mp3
Quote by yeoman125
if you want free recording software, you might as well get it, what you going to lose?

Your virginity.
Its worth it, it gets the job done relatively way. The latency output can sometimes be a problem, but it has pretty good effects, definately worth looking into if you just wanna do a few small recordings.
It's not bad, nothing special though. It is no where near as good as even garageband, nevermind professional software...
Quote by yeoman125

I'd rather not record music, than record music that sounded like **** in sound form.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
im having some trouble. i open a song in it (.wma) and it is only a second in length
its like a blip. what am i doing wrong?
Quote by rabidguitarist
Well, it depends what you're trying to do.

If you want to multi-track music with better than **** production and access to useful effects and functions, then don't get it.

I'd like to believe I get "better than ****" production using Audacity

You're just a n00b.

Basically, it's free, simple, and if you aren't going to torrent something you don't have much other choice.
Quote by Vermintide
You're just a n00b.

Oh noes, he has a different opinion from me, lets use some childish insult.

Grow up.
Wait. It's Audacity?
I thought it was Audicity
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
The program is equivalent to your recording equipment.

If they suck, the outcome from the program sucks.

If your equipment is good, the outcome is good.

But still it's the best you can have for free.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by bequickorbedead
Oh noes, he has a different opinion from me, lets use some childish insult.

Grow up.

*facepalm*

Honestly, if you couldn't tell that was a joke, you shouldn't be on the internet.
for me it was sh*t, i tried to use it for a while but it just didnt record anything, i tried everything i could but nothing, i might of been doin somethin wrong but i wasnt wasting anymore time with it, i ended up buying mixcraft in the end which is simple to use and its good quality with loads of effects etc,
It's alright..I use Tracktion with my amplitube...
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
It's a good starting point. I recorded my first demos with Audacity which helped me get a feel for audio editing and computer recording in general, and then in September I moved up in the world and bought some Sony (Acid) software to use now I'm getting a little more serious about my sounds.
Quote by metaldud536
I have one problem with audacity!

When I record over another track, the tracks will be off synch when I play them.

That's your latency. It's hard to get 0 latency on a computer, so the easiest thing to do is just move them so they're in time.
Page 1 of 2