So I thought these were expensive for a reason. I thought they were supposed to be hand made to perfection.

http://www.michaelfuson.com/gear/1991_am_srd_strat.jpg

I opened it up, go to put the whammy bar in and the holes aren't aligned properly by about 2mm. So it wont go in. Now I have to take a day off, not doing anything allowing the parcel men to pick it up then wait for another one.

So annoying when I've paid £800 for it.

Some might say you should always try before you buy but this is the guitar of my dreams and being left handed these are hard to come by.

Sorry I'm just venting here. I was just looking forward to this guitar for so long.

Anyone else had a guitar turn up and have something wrong with it?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
It usually takes me a couple of months to fully get to grips with a new guitar - get used to it and wear it in a bit. So a guitar can sometimes feel like crap until I get used to it.

Sucks that such a mistake was made on your Strat though.
Nice, thats the same guitar I have. If you can go to your local store and tell them to order one and get it in shop then if it checks out buy it. Lesson learned. I had a very similar thing happen with me when I used to order online.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
The shop near me is tiny though, and is only really interested in bulk buying. I just thought USA strats had solid quality control. It's such a blatant stupid mistake.

It plays like a dream, I love it. Takes a bit of adjusting after playing a 24 fret Ibanez for the past 9 months but it's still great. Just the hassle of taking it back, ordering it again etc.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

i just bought a new usa deluxe qmt hss strat, plays and sounds great but it was only after i had it a few days that i noticed that the stings were not centralised on the neck, they were too near the edge on the treble side.

fortunately i took it in to my local guitar tech for a set up and he managed to correct it (dont know how). it's pretty bad that fender have such poor quality control, i thought it was only gibson that suffered such problems.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
that sucks, i'm sorry to hear that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That sucks man, that's the drag of buying online sometimes. I heard about a guy who bought a Gibson Zakk Wylde Les Paul on eBay, but when he got it, all there was in the case was a metal pole
Its just the nature of modern industry. Maximize profit one way to do that is spend less time making sure things are right. So how companies have this idea thats its cheaper to fix something twice, including shipping it back and forth, on say 20% of products. Than it is to just make sure its right on 100% before it leaves the plant. Thats if they even fix things, probably just take it back send a different one and sell the screwed up one as a blem.
yeah basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a 2007 American and I love how well it plays. However I was at MF the other day and found a MIM that I thought played nearly as well and sounded pretty good (not as good as my strat though). If it is still there when I get back from vacation I may go grab it and upgrade it to my liking.
-Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
I played a Mexican in a store and it's not nearly as nice to play. The fretboard on my USA strat is sooo nice. I'm not 100% sure when how new it is (when it was made) to be honest. The Fender website doesn't say.

Website's been shut all w/e so haven't been able to call. Been playing it a lot though
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by Chex
I played a Mexican in a store and it's not nearly as nice to play. The fretboard on my USA strat is sooo nice. I'm not 100% sure when how new it is (when it was made) to be honest. The Fender website doesn't say.

Website's been shut all w/e so haven't been able to call. Been playing it a lot though

you should be able to date your fender through the serial number.

just google 'fender serial numbers'.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix