Hey guys i joined a band.. Most of them played with distortion while me, im stuck in those clean overdrive.. Im a rhyhm guitarist in the band. Do you think i should change my tone to distorted? If so, any suggestion for distorted settings? tons of gains?
why do you want the same amount of distortion ? that's not neccesary at all IMO. hell, you could play clean while the other(s) have tons of gain going on.
Well if one guitarist in a death metal band plays with a clean sound and the other with a distorted sound, it'll sound pretty weird. So it really depends on what you're playing.
No, the rthym is meant to have less gain.

plus, if you both have exactly the same tone, it doesn't sound as dynamic.
oh theres 2 guitarist, me and the lead guitarists

i mean the bass is playing rock style too i feel odd using less gain lol

i couldn't even hear myself playing too
Quote by oreodunk

"I'm missing mids over here"
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by oreodunk

Try making your tone a little more distorted and ask the lead to turn his Gain down a little bit so when you play together (and if the bass is audible) it should get a powerful sound. That should work well enough I guess.....Or turn up your mids so you cut through a little more....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls