Poll: Dictionary or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Dictionary or not?
Dictionary
47 52%
No dictionary
44 48%
Voters: 91.
Do you use dictionary (known as other things) or not?

EDIT: Dictionary, also known as prediction or T9, is an option on your phone so you don't have to press the button more than once to get one letter.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Last edited by b00m_ at May 31, 2008,
Quote by iplay6string
what the actual hell?

i'm going to just say no.

He's talking about text messaging, you tool.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
¿que?
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

T9, ITap, Predictive text all that crap...I hate it. It never gives you what you want, I'm so used to pressing the buttons the amount of times to get the letter, that when I try predictive text, I usually end up with a message that reads "ggddyy mamm wggatpppp ttp?".
Last edited by soulflyV at May 31, 2008,
SMS? Dictionary?

I guess there's a lot I don't know about texting.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Quote by soulflyV
I9, ITap, Predictive text all that crap...I hate it. It never gives you what you want, I'm so used to pressing the buttons the amount of times to get the letter, that when I try predictive text, I usually end up with a message that reads "ggddyy mamm wggatpppp ttp?".

Must have a pretty ****ty dictionary on your phone then.

I use T9, i find it easier cos im simple.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Yes, I use it. I despise pressing the button repeatedly to get the right letter.

What's worse is, I seem to be the only person in my city that can understand how it works...

Pennsylvania is full of morons.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Yeah, it's much easier once you get used to it
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
T94-lyf
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by iplay6string
who the hell are you?

hes the white bear from the golden compass dressed up as amy winehouse

im pretty sure hes in the mafia too
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Quote by tomathy
hes the white bear from the golden compass dressed up as amy winehouse

im pretty sure hes in the mafia too

in that case i'll let him off as i don't want a horses head in my bed when i wake up (well, other than my girlfriend,) umm predictive texting is not the way forward.
Yes. It's a lot quicker, and the best part is you can add words so it gets more complete every time you use it.

Which brings me to the question: Is there a way to transfer your dictionary to a new phone?
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Yeah, I use it. I don't abbreviate or anything so it's much easier. I had to teach it swear words though. Textspeak makes you look like a n00b.
I'm still getting the hang of using the dictionary, but it's now my preferred method. Unfortunately I use quite a Latinate lexis when talking to some people, and the damn thing fucks up my words, so I have to spend five minutes sorting out each letter.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I use the dictionary because I don;t abbreviate my words in texts so dictionary is quicker for me.
I don't use "Txt Speek" because I hate it.
We have punctuation and spelling for a reason, I often can't understand the texts that people send me as there's no indication as to where one sentence ends and another begins.
I hate having to teach slang words to my phone though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Wha...? I use dictionaries, when I need them, yes.

Edit: Oh, text messaging. I don't have a phone, so no.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
im not sure if i use "T9" per say but my phone has like word prediction but you dont have to go with what it says it just sorta highlights it and if you want to keep it then you press the right arrow. if you dont want it then you just type what you want to type
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by iplay6string
who the hell are you?

Who the hell are you?

>_> Stop whining, noob.

No dictionary for me.
Quote by soulflyV
T9, ITap, Predictive text all that crap...I hate it. It never gives you what you want, I'm so used to pressing the buttons the amount of times to get the letter, that when I try predictive text, I usually end up with a message that reads "ggddyy mamm wggatpppp ttp?".

!! My exact predicament.
t9.. i think it's easier... except when it doesn't remember my words.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Yea I use it, it's so much quicker, easier and like saphrax said... it encourages use of proper english!
Quote by PlayMadness

Pennsylvania is full of morons.

yes, good sir, it is. glad someone else noticed.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Yeah, it's a lot easier. I hate when people who talk "lyk ths lol"
Last edited by Masonpwiley at May 31, 2008,