okay, so lately i've found my throat being sore after i'm singing (i'm not screaming, i'm singing) and i've been reading about taking stress off my throat and exercising my voice. but why is my throat hurting how can i help take that stress off?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
lemon tea is quite good and avoid fizzy drinks
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
There is a section on vocal training etc in the Musicians Talk section. You might get a better response there.
Quote by lua4x
okay, so lately i've found my throat being sore after i'm singing (i'm not screaming, i'm singing) and i've been reading about taking stress off my throat and exercising my voice. but why is my throat hurting how can i help take that stress off?

Singing strains you vocal chords more than usual. Like any other muscle, it aches the first few times, and like muscles, the more you work out, the less it will ache.
you must be doing something wrong, go see a singing tutor for a quick lesson to see if they can point you in the right direction
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
because youre tensing your throat muscles so much

if you learn to relax during singing, that might help?

btw, i dont know much about singing... lol
Quote by Milkywaykid1
its obvious.. stop screaming...

i'm singing.. not screaming.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
You're probably singing pitches near the top of your range, and you're straining your vocal chords to to reach them.

You're probably above the portion of your range called the passagio (passage in english) so think about using falsetto. You're going to want to strengthen your falsetto anyways if you want to sing...
My tip would be that when your singing, breath, sounds stupid but u maybe singing with little air in your lungs and trying to sing with your throat rather than your lungs, if you get me

AND vocal warms up are VITAL
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
so, isn't falsetto a part of your range?
how would i go and strengthen them?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by carrotjames
My tip would be that when your singing, breath, sounds stupid but u maybe singing with little air in your lungs and trying to sing with your throat rather than your lungs, if you get me

That's what I used to do... I wasn't taught how to breathe properly, ran out of air too quickly, and ended up singing from my throat too much.

Sounds like a singing lesson or two would do a lot of good, TS.
the problem is you're not posting enough threads about this.

post only one thread next time.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by carrotjames

he is right.. if you breathe properly you probably wouldnt strain your voice. You may want to take a look here http://www.vocalist.org.uk/breathing_techniques.html
i've posted 2
because someone told me to ask musicians talk so i did.
but i got more questions i needed to ask here.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Falsetto is ur 'false' voice, think justin hawkins, he loves his falsetto but not tht ridiculously high. Singing scales is good to strenghten your voice
I trust you play guitar so just run through a few major scales , one octave up and down, then change go up a semitone and sing that scale...ie sing C major then C# major and try not to drop down when it gets too high, obv play the scale as ur singin it, or sing the scale as u play it
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
Quote by xyber56
he is right.. if you breathe properly you probably wouldnt strain your voice. You may want to take a look here http://www.vocalist.org.uk/breathing_techniques.html

I know i'm right I had vocal lessons for 2 years And that site is what I have used before too, Its really helpful. And i used to have the same problem
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
if its hurting your throat you need to warm up properly and it also means your doing it wrong. most of the sound you produce should come from your diaphragm
warm up properly. Start with humming.
Drink green tea and honey, stuff like that.
Don't push when you're singing, use your natural resonance
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.