the action can change a bit...altho not too much between strings.. if you are into lower actions, get the strings as low as you are comfortable...and raise them individually(or together depending on your bridge) till you dont get any buzz

a slight difference in relative strings is allright.
cheers
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
Whatever you're comfortable with and sounds good.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Depends on whats causing the fret buzz. If its from your neck being in back bow, you need to loosen the truss rod. If its from crazy low action, then you need to fix it from the saddles.
Correct me if i'm wrong, But i think the standard fender setup has the strings in a knid of curved arrangement to match the fretboard shape.
jimRH7: Yes, most basses are setup like that.

TS: It shouldn't hurt, but it might be a little weird getting used to. Also, if you, yourself have posted a thread on action before, just bump that thread with the new question. If you haven't posted a thread about action before, creating a new one is fine, provided the question isn't one that's frequently asked, which this isn't.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
a little buz is exceptable! nothing can ruin your action like going O.C.D about buzz and haveing crazy action!
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E